Yoga 2 Pro i7 - Would it be enough?

argamanza

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
Hey, i'm intending to buy the following laptop computer,
My needs are basically programming (I'm a software engineering student),
photo editing and video editing. (Photoshop / After Effects).
The fact i'm a student really made me want this specific computer because it's a good notebook replacement since it has a touch screen and all the tablet states.

The only game i would like to play is Football Manager 2015 (Link to requirements)

Here are the specifications:

Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 2 Pro 59419073
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4510U Processor 2.0GHz Haswell
Screen: "13.3 QHD 3200x1800 LED
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Drive: 512GB SSD
Ports: USB3.0 X1, USB2.0 X1, Card Reader, HDMI

and well it's clementine orange which is awesome ;)

Hope you could help me..
Thanks!

Solution
That I cannot say for certain since I do not use those programs. Yes, Photoshop and After Effects will run on the Core i7-4510u. Naturally they will probably perform a bit better on a quad core i7 MQ, HQ, MX variant CPUs, but they are more expensive and draws 3x more power. The Intel HD 4400 should be fine for effects that relies on the graphic core. A dedicated graphic core should provide better performance though.

You should probably ask your fellow students about what laptops they use and their opinion about the performance they getting for Photoshop and After Effects.

argamanza

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014

And about the rest of my needs, like Photoshop and After effects,
it's gonna run them fine?

That I cannot say for certain since I do not use those programs. Yes, Photoshop and After Effects will run on the Core i7-4510u. Naturally they will probably perform a bit better on a quad core i7 MQ, HQ, MX variant CPUs, but they are more expensive and draws 3x more power. The Intel HD 4400 should be fine for effects that relies on the graphic core. A dedicated graphic core should provide better performance though.

You should probably ask your fellow students about what laptops they use and their opinion about the performance they getting for Photoshop and After Effects.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS