You Can Easily Use Encryption: Here's How

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidt128

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
I still don't think that password managers are the way to go you are putting all of your hope in one application and if that fails then you are essentially screwed. I have never been a fan of them do I personally see an issue with people who use them no, but many of the password managers only store your passwords key that it recalls from on your computer which makes it difficult if moving between desktop and laptop. But the ones that store in the cloud often times want to charge for encryption or the amount of web-sites you can use. The way we handle passwords overall really needs to change we have standardized them so much that most peoples passwords are 8 characters one Capital in the front lower case in the middle and if it is a newer service they probably require a special character and that would be at the end. But not knowing what your passwords are and having them generated for you isn't the answer.

They also have apps like signal which allow for encrypted texts even if the other user isn't using the app you still can.

Only issue with the post is the fact you cover how people can be more secure with TOR but don't cover how they can increase that by using things like tails os. Other then that this is a really great post people need to realize how important encryption is and that it isn't hard to do. To many people hear the idea of encryption and think that it is some complex thing where you have to make your own private and public key where the truth is that it takes little time and adjustment to live a fully encrypted life.

BrandonM53

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
I would also note that TrueCrypt is not developed or supported because it is vulnerable and should not be considered a secure method of encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.