News You can install Windows 11 on older PCs — but there’s a catch

TwistedEmit

Prominent
Oct 13, 2021
There is a few other ways to install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware that were not mentioned in the Article.
See https://www.xda-developers.com/install-windows-11-unsupported-pc/ for the full instructions and a few other ways to get windows 11 installed on your old unsupported Computer.

Bypass TPM and CPU checks.
For the best chance of success, download a copy of Windows 10 October 2018 (build 17763).
Navigate to the sources folder and copy appraiserres.dll from your win10 installer and paste it in the windows 11 installer sources folder, replacing the existing folder.

Bypass UEFI, TPM, and CPU checks. (I used this method to install Windows 11 on my old laptop (Core i3 2nd Gen, no TMP, and no UEFI. it's locked in legacy BIOS mode.)
Navigate to the sources folder and copy install.esd from your windows 11 install and paste it in the sources folder of a windows 10 installer. (I used Win10 Pro 21H1 version). replace the file and now you should be able to install Windows 11 on any system supported by Windows 10.

If your using unsupported hardware Windows 11 may not run (Boot) or may run slow but on my old laptop Windows 11 Pro runs better than Windows 10 Pro does. (win10 is slow due to HDD 100% usage bug in newer builds. running original RTM Build does not suffer the 100% HDD usage bug)