Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.wikipedia.org (for example, passw

KeshavGupta

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
I am getting this error from past 20 days. I am not able to open wikipedia and many sites.. I have read many forums and tried many solutions but not yet resolved. Please give me a proper solution.

Thanks in advance
Keshav Gupta

"www.wikipedia.org normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to www.wikipedia.org this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.wikipedia.org, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit www.wikipedia.org at the moment because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later. Find out more."

Solution
It could be scare tactics but if you've run all your scanners and found nothing, it could be serious. Try MalwareBytes from www.malwarebytes.com and download the free version. Untick the offer of a trial of the paid programme.

After that, go to https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 which is the website for Gibson Research's Shields Up test.

Run that and post the results here.