YouTube Exploring Subscription Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiecog

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
You mean the same Geico commercial over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

msgun98

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
If I can finally get cable channel programming that isn't offered on Netflix or HULU (like the Food Network) on YouTube, sign me (and mostly my wife) up.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
If I could sign up for channels for say $1-2/month each, I would love to have this. I bet they'd be around $5 though and that probably wouldn't be worth it.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
A better alternative to this and dropping the hefty cable TV bill is to get a streaming media player like Roku. Just order Netflix , and just back it up with Hulu+ or Amazon Prime (Prime will also give you awesome shipping benefits that pay for itself from Amazon) this will give you a pretty large streaming library you can watch at anytime and on any sort of device from a tablet, PC, to your big screen. Then with Netflix just get the movies you want that you can't stream from their mailing service.

Doing this saved me tons of money and I will never go back to cable TV.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
This can be beneficial to both YouTube and consumer, since if they offer shows to other jurisdictions, such as NBC Olympic broadcast to Canada, I very well enjoy it occasionally.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]alxianthelast[/nom]also.. Youtune? are you guys doing this on purpose?[/citation]

They got Google's finance, so they can troll for a while.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Satellite and Cable companies know their days are numbered as content providers. Satellite will always have the advantage for middle of nowhere customers that can't get anything but what they can grab from the air. Cable companies tho are rebuilding their network to keep up with the increased demand of bandwidth. Comcast in my area always keep increasing their speeds so it tells me they have crap load of bandwidth and even more so if they get rid of the channels altogether and stick with video on demand and internet.

Roku, Netflix, Amazon and few others are the winners in this game. Tivo is gonna lose unless they follow the streaming model.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
NUKE THIS IDEA RIGHT NOW!!!

Let me be the first to inform you that this is a tactic to eventually make you pay to see ANY video on youtube. It will start with this service (which will still have ads). Then, it'll be an expanded service to remove the ads they put into everyone's videos for a "small price". Then they'll just make it mandatory... and then they'll bring back the ads.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]NUKE THIS IDEA RIGHT NOW!!!Let me be the first to inform you that this is a tactic to eventually make you pay to see ANY video on youtube. It will start with this service (which will still have ads). Then, it'll be an expanded service to remove the ads they put into everyone's videos for a "small price". Then they'll just make it mandatory... and then they'll bring back the ads.[/citation]
hate to say it but you may be on to something

Status
Not open for further replies.