YouTube Now Offers Movie, Program Rentals

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
[citation][nom]Just-Wonderin[/nom]Isn't there a way to download it once you "Rented" it?[/citation]

there's Firefox plugin called Download Helper that works pretty damm good...

don't know how it'll work on "rented" shows and movies....

G

Hm if they can get the content then this will definately be worth my while. Especially knowing that I can watch movies in the fly

bloody llama

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
So now future users of the Google Chrome OS, running without an optical drive or a hard drive (with any space for storage on it) can watch movies within the safety of Google's own system. Sounds kinda like Apple if you ask me.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Saxie81[/nom]For some reason I have the fear that I would be seeing 30 second commercial clips during the movie....[/citation]
Yeap, nothing like paying $50 a month for cable to have 8 minutes of comercials and 22 minutes of show, and then $15 at the theatre for the movie to start 15 minutes late because of advertisements...

If they wanted $20/month and allowed access to unlimited content, I'd be all for it. I don't like cable and I'm about to drop it and go internet only.

donovands

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Is it available internationally? If so, it would crush Hulu, even with a smaller content offering. I doubt it however, as the licensing rights in individual countries can be downright labyrinthine.

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
Holy crap that's overpriced. I can go to a RedBox 1 min from my house that rents new DVDs for $1/day. Why would I pay _more_ for this service? If they really want to take away from illegal downloads or Library/RedBox rentals then it should be priced at $1 for new releases and $.75 for old movies.

G

^^I agree with this. Unless it's of bluray quality, I can't justify myself spending more than a dollar on a rental.

G

store's profile must be getting alot of hits.

Funny thing is that's the right link. I google'd it, and the current version shows the "Store"'s profile, while the cached version shows the real youtube store.

Looks like someones going to get fired on Monday.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]there's Firefox plugin called Download Helper that works pretty damm good...don't know how it'll work on "rented" shows and movies....[/citation]
What would the purpose of Download Helper be when you would have to delete the copy 2 days later anyway? Or are you suggesting you would steal the copyrighted material? Do you know that stealing is illegal, even on the internet, even if you really want the movie, and are only one person, and are only going to do it a 'few' times...

Status
Not open for further replies.