Youtube STILL LAGGING BADLY

Brillyx

Estimable
Aug 19, 2014
This is a continuation from my other thread that I had open, linked here http://

So yeah, I thought I had everything figured out, and for a while, everything was running great. My Youtube videos were playing crystal clear like always, and the audio and video were in-sync.

Now, it's all over the place just like it was back when I first got this problem. Sometimes the video lags horribly and the audio plays clearly. Other times both the video and audio are laggy. Other times the ad plays clear and the video itself is terrible quality. Not only that, but the overall RESPONSIVENESS of Chrome in general is pitiful. Websites take long to load, the web pages freeze, random crashes, and the Youtube videos don't pause/play well.

And also, I tried using Internet Explorer, but that is just as bad for me. I can hardly get to Youtube and the video I want without the browser freezing up and not allowing me to type any more. It's so frustrating.

My computer runs perfectly fine. Temperature levels are all fine. The only thing I can think is that I just downloaded Adobe Flash to my computer, as it prompted me that a new update was available for it. Could it be that because I got the Adobe Flash update, the built-in Adobe for Chrome is clashing with the downloaded update? But then that doesn't explain why Internet Explorer is just as unresponsive and buggy.

Someone please help me, this is absolutely ridiculous, a fairly new computer with more than enough hardware requirements can't even play a simple Youtube video. Absolutely ridiculous.

fkr

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
i use opera as my browser and it has an extension that allows you to buffer the videos automatically so that always resolves the issue for me.

are there any extensions for chrome that allow you to do the same

Brillyx

Estimable
Aug 19, 2014
Oh, and I checked for driver updates with Slimdriver, checked for Windows updates, and did a virus scan with Malware. Everything is in tip-top shape. Am I doing something wrong???

Brillyx

Estimable
Aug 19, 2014

I tried using this thing called Smart Buffer, but it's useless. It's not the problem of my buffering, because before this problem occurred I could load videos 100% with no buffering time necessary. It's not something that I need to tweak or make smoother, it's something that's fucking broken and malfunctioning that requires a fix.

drinkingcola86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
My best guess is you have 2 different versions of Adobe Flash running at the same time. This is caused when Flash for chrome is updated and flash for your computer is running a different version. How to fix this, well it is pretty simple. Put this in your title bar, chrome://plugins/

You will see in the upper right corner a details +/- button. Make sure your you have the details - and you can see the full details of the plugins that are running. Under the Adobe flash area there should be 2 different versions, one on Chrome and one on your computer.

Chrome should say something like this
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\36.0.1985.143\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

Computer should look like this or near it.
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_14_0_0_179.dll

All you need to do is disable one and see if it works, if it doesn't, enable that one and disable the other one.

I know I usually run the version I have on my computer.

Hope this helps.

Brillyx

Estimable
Aug 19, 2014

Actually, I think I just found a fix that has to deal with Adobe Flash. Basically, this is what I did:

1. Uninstalled Adobe Flash
2. Reinstalled Adobe Flash
3. Realized that I had one of the Shockwave Plugins already disabled.
4. Reenabled it.
5. So far everything works just like it used to.
6. ????
7. Profit

I'll return to this thread in case anything starts acting screwy again, but I think that did the trick.