Z5500 6ch direct problem

wicky woo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
The one and most used setting on my z5500 doesn't seem to work. The 6ch direct setting is only using the front left and right speakers. But the stereo 2x , music pro logic , and movie settings all work fine. I'm really not sure what the problem is or how to fix it. Audio on the motherboard is disabled also.

Asus xonar dx 7.1 sound card
Asus p5q pro
q9550
gtx 260 216
g.skill ddr2 800

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009

well that depends on the source. ifs it music, then yes it will only play ont he front 2 however if u play movies taht IS encodd to multi channel, then we have a problem here.

G

i found out that it's not the z-5500's fault it's the music it self the sound track could have been in 2 channel's not 6. my 6 ch direct is working perfectly when listening to old metallica album's that are actually saved in 6 channel's instead of 2 :) honestly it's not the speaker's fault

wicky woo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
i found out that it's not the z-5500's fault it's the music it self the sound track could have been in 2 channel's not 6. my 6 ch direct is working perfectly when listening to old metallica album's that are actually saved in 6 channel's instead of 2 :) honestly it's not the speaker's fault

I have many files saved in 6 channel and 8 channel format, as well as flacs and not a single one of them plays through all speakers, it's the same problem throughout. I still have no idea what gives?

jliou

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
1. Check all the cables (PC to speakers, Bass to satellites)
2. Click test on the remote to make sure the speakers are all connected
3. Open up the driver software, and click test. Make sure sound plays through all the speakers.
4. Pop a 5.1 Dolby digital encoded dvd into the pc and check the speakers.
5. If that doesn't work, just leave the effect in DD Movie mode

TRENDING THREADS