Solved! SOLVED: Z623 Problems with Toshiba Dynadock hub

Nov 6, 2019
Hi I recently acquired a set of Z623 speakers which I am trying to hook into my laptop set up via a Toshiba Dynadock 3.0

Right speaker connected Via extension cable and works fine. Left speaker also connected via extension cable. There is also a third cable from Aux socket on right speaker connected to green socket on rear of Dock

When I played music it didnt sound right. I could hear right speaker and bass but not left. When I ran a speaker test, left test sound plays via Sub!!!

So what have I done wrong!!

Grateful for your advice

Cheers
R

Solution
Not quite sure how you connected the Z623 with the Dynadock.

Did you connect the 3.5mm connection cable from the left speaker with the orange output of the sub?
The sub has to be connected from the green input (3 ch) to the headphone output of the dynadock at the front. You can also try the connection on the back of the dynadock which is named front.

C/Sub and Rear connections can´t be used with this sound setup because you only use a 2.1 and not a 5.1 audio device.
Not quite sure how you connected the Z623 with the Dynadock.

Did you connect the 3.5mm connection cable from the left speaker with the orange output of the sub?
The sub has to be connected from the green input (3 ch) to the headphone output of the dynadock at the front. You can also try the connection on the back of the dynadock which is named front.

C/Sub and Rear connections can´t be used with this sound setup because you only use a 2.1 and not a 5.1 audio device.

Solution
Nov 6, 2019
Hi thanks for the quick response. I still have the same issue unfortunately. The left speaker is connected to the socket on the sub that is labelled left speaker.. It isn't orange though.. I have also tried both front and back connections on the dynadock

Nov 6, 2019
Apologies for not getting back sooner. The problem is with the extension cable. If I move the speaker and connect direct, it is fine. If I go via the extension, the problem is replicated. I thought this would have been a straightforward thing to buy. Really dissatisfied. Could you recommend one please

Nov 6, 2019
Just checked.. this is the spec for the extension: "4-Pole Connectors 4-conductor TRRS stereo audio extension cable has an additional conductor that allows you to extend the length of your 3.5mm headset that supports microphone". Is that the wrong spec? Grateful for your advice