blabowitz

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
I just bought the Core-M ASUS Zenbook UX305FA through Amazon. It arrived today and I was very excited to turn it on and get to work. However, when I turn it on, the screen is almost black, but for a gray hazy border around the screen. I charged the computer for an hour before turning it on because that's what the manual said to do. It's been sitting on the screen for about a half hour. I've turned it off and on again multiple times. I can get no response from the computer no mater what buttons I press and the only things available on the internet seem to be reviews, no troubleshooting help. Thanks if anyone can help

Solution
Hi,

Do a hard reset with it first, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds while the AC adapter is disconnected then try powering it on again. For a new laptop it may need to enter a setup process or OOBE(out of the box experience). If nothing happens and you're okay in opening your laptop try and reseat the RAM. But if not do contact the manufacturer and have it replaced already it's not normal for a brand new laptop to have that problem.
Hi,

Do a hard reset with it first, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds while the AC adapter is disconnected then try powering it on again. For a new laptop it may need to enter a setup process or OOBE(out of the box experience). If nothing happens and you're okay in opening your laptop try and reseat the RAM. But if not do contact the manufacturer and have it replaced already it's not normal for a brand new laptop to have that problem.

Solution