Question Zephyrus G14 2021, using iGPU for all games. Please help!

Mar 25, 2022
Hi All,

So basically i've had this laptop for almost 6 months now and i mainly played overwatch and some other esports titles. Recently i tried out RDR2 and it seemed fine for a couple of days, was kinda fluid but today when I turned on the laptop, the screen adjusted as I was plugging in the charger.

Then somehow I launched RDR2 as I would normally and the game screen seems to be zoomed in and was offcenterfor some reason. I thought its cause of my resolution settings and I checked it, was running on 1600x900.

Now I'm totally not sure if I've been running with 1600x900 since buying this machine but I changed to 1080p and got on the game. The game seemed a bit choppy then i noticed its using the integrated graphics through the end task menu

i even checked the nvidia control panel and it seems to have it selected on using the 3060 (tried auto and also manually changing it to use 3060). but when i ever i load up task control bar and see - its 0% on the 3060 and 100% on the AMD when RDR2 is on.

I also have checked armoury crate settings for the GPU and iGPU mode is currently 'Turned Off'

Any suggestions on what i should do?

The 3060 GPU is detected both in my device manager and task control menu but its usage is 0%

Edit: I ran a 'MyAsus' Diagnostic test and it came out to be 0 Problems.

Checked through HWMonitor when running RDR2, the dedicated gpu 3060 had a clock speed of 200mhz indicating thats its not being used while the AMD IGPU is hitting 2000mhz.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mackxx1 Laptop Tech Support 7
ineedtofixmylaptop Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 1
R3ggo Laptop Tech Support 1
kyleb123451 Laptop Tech Support 1
Mikisaya Laptop Tech Support 6
K Laptop Tech Support 2
graf man Laptop Tech Support 1
luloona Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
xShura93 Laptop Tech Support 3