Zoom wont function (advance) on DMC-ZS50

abvarn

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
I am trying to find out why my zoom has stopped working. I will not advance. Checked settings to no avail. Any ideas?? The camera is less than 2 years old.

Solution
Found this on iFixit -- Nice camera by the way!

I have fixed several of my cameras doing these steps - usually I had dust or sand in the lense barrel. You can also try to gently tug on the lense while trying to zoom and see if that dislodges anything.

1 - Listen for any sound that indicates the zoom motor is trying to extend the lense. If there is nothing, you may require a new zoom motor.

2 - Use compressed air or a vacuum to remove any sand or particles from inside the lense. You can also try using a piece of paper to slide around the lense.

3 - Lay camera flat on back and hold down the power and the shutter button - this initiates autofocus and if connector pins are out of place they will realign themselves

Here is a link...

googlyeyedchicken

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
Found this on iFixit -- Nice camera by the way!

I have fixed several of my cameras doing these steps - usually I had dust or sand in the lense barrel. You can also try to gently tug on the lense while trying to zoom and see if that dislodges anything.

1 - Listen for any sound that indicates the zoom motor is trying to extend the lense. If there is nothing, you may require a new zoom motor.

2 - Use compressed air or a vacuum to remove any sand or particles from inside the lense. You can also try using a piece of paper to slide around the lense.

3 - Lay camera flat on back and hold down the power and the shutter button - this initiates autofocus and if connector pins are out of place they will realign themselves

Here is a link to the original article of you want to browse more: https://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/Panasonic_Lumix_ZS50_Troubleshooting#Section_Zoom_System_is_Not_Receiving_Power

Solution