Question zosi nvr setup question

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
if this is the wrong section let me know where i can start this question?

my neighbor has this zosi nvr model zr08dp and matching cameras. it is said to be an 8 ch unit and is has 8 fields for video. it show 4 cameras and connects to them but i got 2 more and they will not connect. i tried about all i know and nothing is working. the nvr is not connected to the router as i do not need to view these online away from home. just recording and home viewing. so i took both extra cams and connect them to my router and my router sees them and then to them back and only one connected to wifi but no video fee. the other one will not even connect to the nvr wifi.

i do not see any place to setup the cameras and no place that tell me how to pair them. when he got this new he put in on the table in the garage and plugged in all the camera and unit and they just showed up by themselves. he did have to of to the search screen but that was all. we did that lots of tims and never got the extra cams to show. then one did show but turns off on on and no video.

anyone here have a fix or maybe i need to do a firmware update? seems i just can't find the answer to this issue. thanks bob p

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
here is the main menu he has and the extra cameras have the same part number
the extra camera model iszg2320m-w the cams on the building are zg2320m-w
the nvr unit is zr08dp

is there anything else you may need? i tried to add 2 extra cameras and i got 1 to show the wifi icon and no video and the other one would not even do that. using the ipc configuration page where you add cameras.

so is this nvr a 4 ch or 8 ch and fi 8 ch how in the world do you add new cameras? thanks bob p.
do not see a spot to add an image

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
have you reset the NVR?,seems resetting or do a firmware update would help...
yes i went into the nvr setting and did a factory reset i did not yet do a firmware update as he does not have this unit connected to his network. but it seems to me the nvr should see the cameras without having it on a network. when he first got it it took the unit out of the box plugged in the nvr the cameras and a monitor and all 4 cameras came up. i was there when he did that.

he is trying to get 2 cams connected it has 4 connected now, 1 cam will show the wifi and motion but no video feed and that wifi comes and goes the other cam sets like a slug. the nvr ethernet port shows no lights to suggest it is getting data form the camera nor does the light on the cameras ethernet plug. the cameras ethernet plug light does light up when i connect it to my system so it is capable of working.

maybe the nvr has a bad ethernet port. but the wifi should still work unless it is first required the be plugged into the nvr to get assigned ports etc.

thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok update i finally got the unit to my house and on my network and did a nvr reset and ipc reset about 10 times and finally it started showing the 3 cameras i had with me. so i took it outside and now it shows the cameras he still had powered up at his house. so i see 6 cameras now, i have no idea why it had to be on the internet as i never used the internet to get any updates. but i did try the firmware and the nvr told me it was up to date. so maybe it had to do that one time to start allowing all the extra cameras to show. what a trip that was. thanks for the help.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok update i got them to go. had to connect the system up to my network and get that system to go online for some reason. then after about 10 nvr resets and camera resets it finally started finding them. at first it found them as wired cameras as i have them all on a network switch, then i took them off the switch as he does not have them wired and i did another search and they showed up. wow what a job to get 6 cameras to connect to this unit. so i took it outside and it did find his cameras he still had powered up, so i let it run for the rest of the day and did turn it off for maybe an hour to simulate a power outage and when i powered it up it found the cameras.

he took it home powered itup and it worked. i told him the power the extra cameras for now so they do not lose their connection. thanks for what you helped with.

Reactions: YehezkielLee