ZTE N817 Phone Improvements Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan_181

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
Can anyone recommend how to improve upon the performance of my ZTE N817 phone while still using my free Q Link Lifeline mobile telephone service? MicroSD card up to 32GB? New phone that will still be able to use my free Q Link Lifeline mobile telephone service? My c9ircumstances have forced me to switch to this free telephone service and this ZTE N817 phone and although this is about a billion times better than having no phone service at all, it is also about a billion times WORSE QUALITY telephone device and telephone service that fails all the time, and I woud definitely love to find a way to im-prove this situation. I still have my Samsung Galaxy S5 that I used under my Verizon account, but I have not yet figured out how to be able to switch my Q Link wireless telephone service to my Samsung Galaxy S5.

Has anyone else already figured this out and successfully switched to a better telephone device?

G

I've never heard of Q Link Lifeline before, I wasn't even aware that a government assistance program like this existed! That's pretty cool actually. Unfortunately the ZTE phone you have is not really that great. Phone Debate did a review about it here: http://phone-debate.com/phones/zte/3321/quest-n817

I mean, you can try giving the Q Link Service a call, see if they can switch over toyour Galaxy, but I doubt it. Verizon has a habit of locking their phones from other services. Maybe Tweet at the Verizon president? See if something comes from that?

Jonathan_181

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
Thanks, KerryT. I am eventually going to try giving the Q Link Service a call, to see if they can tell me how to switch my Q Link Lifeline Service over to my Galaxy S5. The fact that Verizon has a habit of locking their phones from other services is probably something that I can figure out how to get around, due to my significant technical knowledge and experience in doing things like that. But. Although the Q Link Lifeline Service is a great free service to someone that a tragedy has forced into such destitute circumstances, you get what you pay for, and every single aspect of the service is incredibly limited or nonexistent. So finding or obtaining the information that I need is incredibly difficult, if not impossible. Which is why I posted on this forum to see if anyone else had information that I do not.

G

I can sympathize, having to rely on government plans can really, really suck. I had a friend who, back in 2011, was in similar circumstances. He ended up using an old Android device to do internet work on and paired it with a prepay plan from T-Mobile with an old flip-phone he got from a friend, since he was in a major urban area and getting on free wireless wasn't a major make-or-break deal.

Keep us updated on circumstances, yeah? Maybe you can end up writing about the experience and selling it to online publishers!

Status
Not open for further replies.