Zune HD Promo Shows the PMP's Got Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I think that pushes me over the edge. I guess I'll be getting one. I just hope that Microsoft can foster a strong and open developer community.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
It is very nice looking... wonder if it feels flimsy like the older ones.
My buddy has an old 120 gig, I like it but it fells like it is very easily broken.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
well...still won't see myself playing games constantly on Zune HD...

music and radio is all i need on music player....

video and games are nice addition....but just sucks more battery out of it....

psileas

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
[citation][nom]apmyhr[/nom]I think that pushes me over the edge. I guess I'll be getting one. I just hope that Microsoft can foster a strong and open developer community.[/citation]

Yep. That sounds like MS alright.
You just spelled Microsoft in so many words.
Damn! Did you notice this? If you combine the first letter from every word -bam!- Microsoft again! Dude, I mean wow! Now that's Microsoft for you!

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Only downside is that it has all the features but only a maximum of 32GB. How are we supposed to fit HD movies, 3D games, and lots of music on 32GB =/

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]Only downside is that it has all the features but only a maximum of 32GB. How are we supposed to fit HD movies, 3D games, and lots of music on 32GB =/[/citation]

By waiting for the next, bigger, version.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
wonder if it syncs with itunes, and if it does will apple pull what they did with the pre and start patching it so that it doesn't sync?

Personally i am no fan of itunes, but so many average joes are that if they don't offer support for itunes syncing i would imagine they could lose a lot of sales.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I still prefer players that can be rockboxed. Portable gaming holds no interest to me because I am usually to busy to worry about it.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
by remembering the screen's actual resolution. while it supports playback of 'HD' video files, the screens resolution (480x272) is far less than that. video's encoded for it's screen will see files that are considerably less than those we've become accustomed to on the PC and through standalone video consoles... and it's video output capabilities through the HDMI port are still limited to 720p... so you see, it's all about how you word things. i still like it because i understand the realities of technology and don't expect more than is realistically possible with currently available batteries... but this device is not a true High Definition device... and no portable device ever will be unless you have a screen that makes it impractical to carry around...

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]Only downside is that it has all the features but only a maximum of 32GB. How are we supposed to fit HD movies, 3D games, and lots of music on 32GB =/[/citation]

by remembering the screen's actual resolution. while it supports playback of 'HD' video files, the screens resolution (480x272) is far less than that. video's encoded for it's screen will see files that are considerably less than those we've become accustomed to on the PC and through standalone video consoles... and it's video output capabilities through the HDMI port are still limited to 720p... so you see, it's all about how you word things. i still like it because i understand the realities of technology and don't expect more than is realistically possible with currently available batteries... but this device is not a true High Definition device... and no portable device ever will be unless you have a screen that makes it impractical to carry around...

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]kyeana[/nom]wonder if it syncs with itunes, and if it does will apple pull what they did with the pre and start patching it so that it doesn't sync?Personally i am no fan of itunes, but so many average joes are that if they don't offer support for itunes syncing i would imagine they could lose a lot of sales.[/citation]

Zune requires Zune soft. If MS forgo the zune soft requirement, I would buy one for sure.

danish_2828

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I don't understand why the Zune marketplace gets criticized so much. For $14.95 a month I get a subscription based service that allows me to download as much music, podcast, and channels as I want. And at the End of the month you get 10 Tokens to purchase whatever songs you want (non-subscription).

So basically if you put it into iTunes terms: You pay $4.95 for unlimited subscription downloads and then can purchase 10 tracks for $1.00 a piece. When I used iTunes I spent about $20 a month on music, but this way I ended up saving money by never purchasing. And I plan on keeping my Zune for a while. However, if Zune and Microsoft goes bankrupt for reason then I'm screwed. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Apple doesn't want Zune or Palm to sync with their network. They want to punish you for not buying their product, you kick them so they kick you back. I'm sure Microsoft will provide a patch if itunes locks them out, it's just another game the two can play along with their silly commercials. Go Zune...........

bk420

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
The screen looks amazing. I'm glad it can sink via WIFI too. Looks well built an even has HD radio, that's cool!

Oh...and HDMI via dock? WOW!

G

looks like a fine competitor to the iphone,for those who dislike apple, but want something similar!

HD radio is interesting, but with current size, I guess you won't be looking at an All Day battery life device there.
I'd be surprised if it could last 3 hours with 3D gaming. The resolution seems on par, or lower than a PSP.
It'll probably play back WMA and MP3. OGG too?

Seems an interesting device!

Status
Not open for further replies.