ZuneHD Sounds Too Good Too Be True

Status
Not open for further replies.

apache_lives

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
well technically the XBox "1" was a Pentium3/Celeron (P6 tech) so simple, old tech etc but i doubt it - controller for playing anyone?? battery life???

Sounds all like BS to me

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
it does sound bs, but it can possibly give the itouch a run for its money...

they also had me at hdmi, i might have to get one of these instead of a new phone this fall... here's hope for a kickass non-apple based product, i just hope the pricing doesn't exceed that of a ps3 >=[

OLED?!?! sw333333t, love them screens

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
My guess is that if this is real then it'll have "the gaming power of an XBox" rather than "supporting XBox 3D games" - that's the kind of thing that gets lost in the tech industry's chinese whispers. Of course, it could also mean that Microsoft will make it very easy for game manufacturers to port XBox games over to this. Mind you, that's similar to what Sony did with the PSP and PS One games and it didn't work out too well for them since people just got bored of port after port after port.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
OLED is probably for sure in it just to save battery life. I have my doubts about the HDMI out, although it is doable. I think the biggest thing will be how many apps it gets from its "app store" version.

Skype on my iTouch is seriously slick. I can text to all of buddies for free (the ones who have skype) at school and once the new OS comes out there will be voice support via bluetooth.

I device's success in the iTouch genre is more determined great apps (games and productivity) then anything else

G

I'd say it is more likely it will support the downloadable games on xbox live rather than XBOX1 games.
Things like braid, geometry wars etc. could be easily ported if the phone supports XNA

radiowars

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Hmmmm, does sound too good to be true. If it's reasonably priced, the only thing holding this back from destroying iphone is the fact that apple-fanboys are too stuck up to switch devices.

G

HDMI? I doubt this got the power to display 1080p video. But if it could do 720P that would be awesome! Though I doubt the internal screen will be any larger than 480p!

It may be the perfect variant of the iphone, since I shy apple.
It's at least worth getting a look at once it hits the store!

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Well if it is a Tegra platform it should be able to do 1080p as well... this def sounds neat if it's true. I am afraid of hearing the price though...

cataclymistic100

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I really doubt they will have HDMI support not even all top of the line graphics cards have it built in and not all tvs have it. Though all the ones that ppl spend more than 100 bucks do so I guess it makes some sense. But it may take up more space then it adds unless they wouldnt use that space for anything else, but this device seems pretty cramped.... really skinny lots of capability!

This device may come into existence just not with all the features listed. I do think it may be better than I ipod having 3 break on me.

G

Now if they can price these pretty close to the iphone there would be almost no competition so apple would pretty much be forced to lower their iphone prices by a lot.

Dyseman

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
If they keep the XNA platform alive with this Version of Zune, a LOT of apps will be crossplatformable from Windows / xbox360 though with, more than likely, 20% of the cpu power. Zune is a good HomeBrew that, with touch screen, will be even better.

Not buying that iTouch for sure now. (Was THIS close)

G

Too bad Marketplace isn't available outside the US. I owned a Zune for 2 days. Completely idiotic to have marketplace splashed all over the UI and not to be able to use it. Epic Fail.

nao1120

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
[citation][nom]zingam[/nom]Cool!Does it come with RROD pre-installed or it will be a free upgrade? What about E74? How much will that feature cost?[/citation]

Heh,

But you have to admit, the xbox 360 consoles that do work, work well. And microsoft finally admitted to a string of additional failures with the e74 error, and 3 years warranty on a console, is pretty good without paying for it.

Do we forget about Dell with the exploding batteries, or Sony ps2 with the dvd drive that didn't play cds right(which they never admitted to as a recall), or apple with macbooks that looked like they had smoke damage from sweaty palms(which repaired for free)

Every company has a capture system, and once it reaches that threshold of defective products based on the S/N of the system/product from the assembly line, and then its recognized that this product needs replacement. No company will ever admit it, until the facts are gathered and processed.

Every product has its fault. And Benefits.

I know they are tyrants, but they make decent products, even though some of them are rushed out to meet demands. Hopefully most of the eq that makes the products isn't al outsourced, but thats the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.