external DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Tread3

Great
Jun 19, 2023
Hi. I would like to help, but I find your question confusing. Hopefully, other people will understand your question and give you quick assistance. You say "external DVD". A DVD is obviously a disk with info on it. Do you mean can a film playing in the internal DVD/CD drive in your computer using the integrated graphics card in your computer. Be viewed on an external device like a monitor or TV? There are a number of considerations, like having the proper connector or adapter to connect your computer to the other device. I would suggest that you do a search on Google for information/videos showing how to view graphics running on your computer to another viewing device. I hope that helps until someone else has a suggestion. Stay well.😊

javert

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Sorry for my ambiguity!!!! I meant if I run a DVD movie on an external DVD Drive, connected through USB. Can I do this on my Windows 11 PC or laptop if I have Intel integrated graphics (Intel UHD Graphics 770) rather than a dedicated graphics card). Thanks!!!!

Fox Tread3

Great
Jun 19, 2023
Hi. Thanks for your reply and clarification. To keep it simple - 1) Because Microsoft doesn't want the possibility of Entertainment Industry productions being copied using Windows. You can't run a DVD with copy protection on your Windows device. There are ways to get around that using Apps like BandBreak, (do a Google search for it, and only download from handbreak.fr Never use third party websites to download Apps.), and TLC video and audio recorder App. which is free, (Google search for the TLC website). 2) I would say it probably doesn't matter what your computer's Graphics tools is. Because I doubt that Windows will allow you to run any Copy Protected media regardless of the source. I hope someone else can be more helpful, but I have a lot of optical discs, none of which will run DVD films or Copy protected material via Windows. I do suggest that you download TLC because it is a really easy to use tool generally. You may ask further questions and I will respond asap. Good luck, and stay well.😊

USAFRet

Illustrious
Sorry for my ambiguity!!!! I meant if I run a DVD movie on an external DVD Drive, connected through USB. Can I do this on my Windows 11 PC or laptop if I have Intel integrated graphics (Intel UHD Graphics 770) rather than a dedicated graphics card). Thanks!!!!
Yes.

The DVD drive being internal or external has no impact on movie watching.
The iGPU should be sufficient.

Fox Tread3

Great
Jun 19, 2023
Yes.

The DVD drive being internal or external has no impact on movie watching.
The iGPU should be sufficient.
Sir.. U.S. Army Ret. here. I don't claim to have your knowledge or experience. However, as you may have noted in my response to the original question. For over two decades plus. I have never been able to play a movie with copyright protection. CDs and DVDs with content coded for playing media on PC optical drives and any other kind of optical drive work fine. Please confirm that you have recently played a DVD containing a copyrighted film, and I will be most pleased to know that it is possible without third party Apps. or ripping the DVD. I have any number of optical drives, some of which actually play the DVD-RAM format, and I of course have a Blu-ray player/recording internal optical drive. Stay well and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.