Question HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0042nw freeze randomly

Apr 2, 2024
Hello
For the last few days im struggling with my HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0042nw.
Notebook was running ok when it suddenly started to freeze.
Firstly it was just a problem when I needed to restart it and it stuck on the HP logo screen.
The way to pass this freeze was to, during boot time enter bios and just exit it and windows was able to start freely. After a few days the notebook started to freeze in windows - pretty hard to say when it was just freezing randomly. I thought maybe it is a hardware issue so I have run all the tests in the boot menu and everything seems to be working fine.
But the system was freezing all the time, 90% during boot on the HP logo and randomly in windows.
I have run 2-3 stress tests in windows and everything was ok - not even 1 restart during this 2-3 hours period.
I have tried to switch to Linux just to check if problems persist - and yes still the same problem.
Only difference is that there is no problem during boot - only the system freezes randomly.
Also I have tried some solutions found on the web but nothing seems to work anyway.
Not sure how to check if the problem is an SSD or maybe a graphic card?
Any suggestions on what I can do to start resolving the problem :) ?
Best regards

Jakub

Apr 2, 2024
Right now SSD is almost empty (only linux on it)
Temp during stress tests where ok - stress test for cpu and after it gpu.

Apr 2, 2024
Temp where about 80-85 celcius max but stress went well and no freeze during it.
As it is today it deosnt matter if it is on battery or plung in/out.
I can start the machine (to run any OS i have to enter bios and exit it - if i dont do it it will freez on HP logo screen) and than it will pass the HP logo screen and enter the OS.
Im able to open firefox i can visit any page and just after few sec screen goes black and nothing happen....

Apr 2, 2024
I can add that sometimes freeze happen when i move laptop.
For exaple right now - i have run linux open some music on youtube and when i just slightly move it everything freezed - sound also.

TRENDING THREADS