Question Unlock SIM card

Mar 31, 2024
Have Cricket wireless and am planning on switching to Consumer Cellular. I had a LG Harmony which gave me internet issues. Cricket had sent me a sim card to see if that would help and it didn’t. I purchased an unlocked Moto G Player 2021, inserted the sim card from Cricket and it worked fine. Well now that I want to switch I spent 4 hours on with Cricket attempting to get my phone unlocked with no success. I was not aware the carrier can lock an unlocked phone. I cannot afford to get another phone so I need to unlock this one. Can anyone help me? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If Cricket locked your phone, then they are the ones to unlock it. Until that is done, you can't use with Consumer Cellular.

If you used an unlocked phone, are you 100% certain it is actually locked?

Mar 31, 2024
If Cricket locked your phone, then they are the ones to unlock it. Until that is done, you can't use with Consumer Cellular.

If you used an unlocked phone, are you 100% certain it is actually locked?
I was on the phone for 4 hours with Cricket -UGH!!! They told me I have to unlock the phone from my phone app. So I have uninstalled and reinstalled the MyCricket apps at least 4 times. They told me that on the MyCricket app, I wouldn't have to sign in at all. On the left hand bottom of the the sign in page should have UNLOCK on the bottom of it. Well it wasn't there. And the only way to unlock is on the phone, it cannot be done on a computer. As far as checking if it is locked or not - it shows on my account on my computer as locked. I am beyond frustrated with Cricket whom I have been with for 8 years. :(

Mar 31, 2024
Just received Consumer Cellular SIM card , fingers crossed it works without anymore issues. Cricket customer assistance is awful!

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I was able to unlock it, embarrassed to say but I did it through my account. All is good!

Last edited: