Question networking on frontier fiber question

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i don't know if this is the correct group but here goes. i just got fiber internet and they gave me the eero routers. but it seems the internet speed is just all over the place, one time i get 500 up-dn. i'm paying for 500 up-dn and then 5 min later is may be 100 dn and 400 up. i have tried lots of things to get this corrected and it all fails. i'm leaning on the eero wired part of the network issue.

so can anyone tell me if i can take my ea7500 netgear router and connect that to the frontier modem and then plug that into my network lan system and have that work and just take the eero routers out of the network or maybe use them as extended routers?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The issue is likely on the Frontier side of things, not your equipment. Speed of service is measured "up to XXX" and not guaranteed to operate at the highest level all of the time.

Have you contacted Frontier?

Networking questions are better asked on your sibling site:

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok i did not see that site i will copy this over to ther site thanks. also i have asked frontier in the chat and they ran a test and it was at tarted speed during the time it was slow on my end. plus i have the eero app and i run the speed test there and it is at rated speed. i'm going to change pcs for a bit it might just be the hp elitebook 745 and the port replicator are not working up to standards.

one thing it might be is that hp port replicator. if i plug the pc directly into the hub the speed does go up but never real steady but over 450mbps so maybe the replicator.

thanks