Netflix is a multiplatform streaming service with high compatibility. Heavy use and a lack of logging out is a direct cause of instability. It only takes a few seconds to get it running again when you know the correct fixes. These five quick fixes work for any version of the Netflix app on the Xbox one console.
Restart The Netflix App
Restarting any app on the console can get rid of small startup issues. If you tend to use Netflix a lot, then this fix should be the first choice.
1. Make sure that Netflix is already running in the background.
2. Highlight the Netflix tile without selecting it.
3. Press the menu button and then quit.
4. Relaunch the app by scrolling through the recently used tiles.
Restart The Console
The Xbox One is a media powerhouse that runs a lot of applications, just like a real computer. But it is limited by ram that can’t be upgraded. Sometimes it needs to be reset so that memory can be freed for more applications to run.
1. Press the Xbox button on your controller.
2. Go to settings and then restart console.
3. Select yes on the prompt.
Disable Closed Captioning
Closed captioning is a long time offender of Netflix problems. Disabling it temporarily might let you back into the application.
1. Navigate to settings.
2. Select closed captioning.
3. Turn it off if it is in the on position.
Unplug External Devices
Possible interference with the Netflix software can come from recording devices or HDTV equipment. If any of these are a problem, temporary removal is the answer.
1. Unplug any HDTV equipment.
2. Unplug recording devices.
3. Open the Netflix application.
Re-log Back Into The Console
Microsoft Live is a shared experience across multiple devices, even computers. Bad syncing causes errors with Netflix. Here is a quick solution to the problem that won’t remove any vital information.
1. Press the Xbox button on the controller to go Home.
3. In the upper left corner, highlight your gamerpic.
4. Hover over your account and then select the “Sign Out” option.
5. After a few seconds, sign back into the console.