I have always like pulling things apart to see how they work. I still do it now, although I am a little more careful now my toys are more expensive. If you feel the same way, or simply want to upgrade your laptop, here is how to disassemble the HP Spectre X360.
The specs of the HP Spectre X360 are pretty good but there will come a time when you might want to upgrade the SSD, battery or Wi-Fi card. When that time comes, knowing how to take your HP Spectre X360 apart might come in handy.
Remember though, disassembling your laptop will void any warranty!
Disassemble the HP Spectre X360
Here is how to take your laptop to pieces.
1. Make sure the laptop is turned off and not connected to the mains.
2. Place the HP Spectre X360 face down on a clean work surface. It will help to have something around to keep the screws safe.
3. Remove the eight Phillips screws holding the bottom enclosure in place. The screws are two sizes, keep them organized so they don’t get mixed up.
4. Disconnect the battery cable. This will make the laptop safe to work with.
5. Remove the two Phillips screws to remove the battery. Lift up the battery from the chassis to remove.
6. Remove the two Phillips screws to remove the SSD. Slide the drive up and out to remove it.
7. Remove the two screws from the Wi-Fi card to remove. The Wi-Fi card is located near the back. The card will tilt up to enable removal.
This should be all you need to disassemble the HP Spectre X360 for upgrades. If you need to take it further, refer to the HP service manual for more information.