How to Make a Private Twitter Account

Twitter is a fun and easy way to share your thoughts and activities with your friends and family. However, the default setting for your posts is public, meaning that anyone can see your photos or other posts. If you do not want your tweets shared publicly, you can easily make your Twitter account private by taking the following actions.
mB79nWP.png

Step 1:
Log into your Twitter account, either on your computer or with the app on your smartphone or tablet.

Step 2:
Once you are in your account, click on the Settings and Help icon, which can be found on the top of the right hand side of the page.

Step 3:
Once you are in the settings area, you will see a menu tab for Security and Privacy. Click on it.

Step 4:
Scroll down until you see the section marked Privacy. Then, look for a box next to the text Protect my Tweets. Check this box.

Step 5:
Now that your tweets are secure, you can also change how people find you by checking or unchecking the box that says, "Let others find me by my email address."

Step 6:
Do not forget to press save. Your current followers will be the only ones to see your tweets. Additionally, anyone who wants to follow you will have to be approved by you. To reverse the protection of your tweets, follow the same steps but uncheck the box for protecting your tweets.

Recap:
To make your account private, simply go the security settings in your account and check the box for Protect my Tweets.

TRENDING THREADS