Sometimes you may think your eyes are playing tricks on you when you see that the icons and text on your laptop are all fuzzy. You might even be tempted to go to the doctors. In essence it could be possible you might need to visit the optician but try out Windows 8’s built in feature to clarify and sharpen text. This tutorial will show you how to go about doing so.
1. Power up and sign-in to your Windows 8 laptop.
2. Type Cleartype in the Start menu.
3. Click on Settings.
4. Click on Adjust Cleartype text.
5. In the follow up window, place a tick on the box Turn on Cleartype if it’s not there. It should be checked by default.
6. Click on Next at the bottom of the window.
7. Do so for each screen and select the window for the text that best represents clear text.
8. Click on finish to complete the process.
Another option would be to use DPI scaling for the app that apparently produces the issue.
Right click icon for the app that shows the issue of blurry text>Properties>Compatibility>Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. Close the program and reopen the app.
You will now be able to see all your text sharper than before not to mention blur free. Please note that we’re going on the pretense that your BIOS for your laptop is up to date and that the driver for your GPU is also up to date.