1. Remote app- Go to the App Store and download the Remote app.
2. Signing in- You will have to sign in to iTunes to finish downloading the app.
3. Connection and syncing- Connect your iPhone to your Mac and sync it with iTunes on your Mac.
4. Opening the app- Tap the Remote app icon on your iPhone to open up the app.
5. Options- There will be some options for you to choose from. Tap Add an iTunes Library. You will get a passcode comprised of 4 digits. Write down or remember this code.
6. Sidebar- Go to your Sidebar and look under the Devices tab. You will see an iPhone in addition to yours, but this one has the Remote icon next to it. Tap this iPhone with the Remote icon next to it.
7. Passcode entry- Enter the 4 digit passcode you received earlier.
You will now be able to use the Remote app to control iTunes on your Mac. Make sure they are connected to the same wireless network.