Samsung did a lot of work to address complaints of bloatware with their TouchWiz software layer. While still significant, the overlay works faster and uses fewer resources than ever before. As a result, Smart Manager has shifted from a self-contained app to a series of settings within the menu. If you want to know how to use the Smart Manager application on your Samsung Galaxy S7, follow these simple steps.
Access the Smart Manager application on the Galaxy S7
The Smart Manager application on the Galaxy S7 allows you to control battery, storage and RAM.
1. Select Apps, Settings and then Smart Manager.
2. Check battery level, storage use and RAM utilization from within the screen.
3. To optimize, select Clean all at the bottom.
4. Select Battery to check the power level and estimated time remaining. Select battery usage to see what apps are running. You can also select Power saving mode or Ultra power saving mode from here too.
5. Select Storage and allow access to images and data on the phone when prompted. From this menu you can manage storage, clear out unwanted files, free up space and manage any SD cards.
6. Select RAM to see how much memory is in use and what is using it. From here you can end processes or apps to free up RAM.
If you’re planning to use the Smart Manager application often, it might be beneficial to add it to your Home screen.
1. Touch and hold an empty space on your Home screen.
2. Select widgets from the bottom of the screen.
3. Select the Smart Manager widget and place it on the Home screen.
4. The Smart Manager widget should now display essential information without having to dig into the menu.