The Wii runs on outdated wireless protocols, at least from a
console perspective. Because of this, Netflix connectivity errors like NW-4-7
can be a big problem. Two fixes will solve this issue without deleting any
valuable information on the Wii console.
Restart The Wii
Users that are having issues with Error NW-4-7 can simply
reset their Wii to get it back to normal. This is the quickest fix for
resolving the error and should be tried before other fixes.
1. Power off the Wii by holding the power button.
2. Unplug the Wii from the wall and wait one minute.
3. Plug the Wii back in and try to connect to Netflix again.
Reset The DNS Settings
DNS settings are usually provided by your internet provider
automatically. Using custom settings can cause problems with the Netflix app,
especially on an older system like the Wii. Resetting the DNS settings will
force the system to obtain the configuration settings it needs to get rid of
1. On the Home Screen select Wii Options.
2. From there choose Wii Settings.
3. Keep going right until you get to Internet then select
4. Choose your current connection and then select Change
5. Keep pressing the right arrow until you get to Auto-Obtain
DNS. Select Yes.
6. Make sure to choose the Save option and then select OK to
start the connection test.
7. When the test finishes, load up Netflix and try to stream