Question $1,500 recommendation, please

USAFRet

Illustrious
What, in your estimation, is the best quadrotor drone under $1,500 USD?

Primarily a flying camera platform, not a racing or FPV thing.

Only qualification - NOT DJI.

Which ones, and why?

USAFRet

Illustrious
The specs for these seem fairly impressive and not locked like some, it seems. I know next to nothing about these, but will gladly come watch you fly yours.

hahahaha....that EVO Lite is #1 on my short list. Currently, the #2 is the EVO Nano.

Here, I can't have a DJI, due to the aggressive geofencing.
To go take a pic of the roof on my house, I'd have to get auth from the airport, the airbase, and the mothership in China.
Screw that.

After the demise of Cyclops and his 2 broken arms, Cyclops II, the HS720G.
It takes great video, with the 2 axis gimbal. But the overall flight characteristics are a bit twitchy.

I may keep it, or gift it to the grandkids.

But still looking for a 'good one'.

Aug 28, 2023
If you spend 1000-1500 on your first drone and crash it or lose it you are going to be upset.

Spend a 100 or less for a decent toy starter drone and learn to control and fly it and master it in various conditions with out any advanced features. Until you can fly it about outside with some minor winds and conditions effects. If you do this your chances of making a costly mistake and losing your investment decrease.

USAFRet

Illustrious
If you spend 1000-1500 on your first drone and crash it or lose it you are going to be upset.

Spend a 100 or less for a decent toy starter drone and learn to control and fly it and master it in various conditions with out any advanced features. Until you can fly it about outside with some minor winds and conditions effects. If you do this your chances of making a costly mistake and losing your investment decrease.
Seeing as this would have been my 3rd, or 4th device....no longer in learning mode.