1 in 5 Divorces Blamed on Facebook

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]LOL @ statistics."Facebook was named in one out of five American divorce petitions""I was really surprised to see 20-percent of all the petitions""he discovered 989 instances of the word in 5,000 petitions"Any other ways you care to say that the petitions contain a 1:5 ratio of facebook to facebook-free text?[/citation]

I say 1:4

:p

Element0f0ne

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]Hey.....it's Tiger.....can you please take your name off your profile? My wife found my account and she may be IM'ing you.[/citation]

Bwahahahahahah!! WIN.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]Get a Pre-Nup people. Divorce is here to stay. No one is dedicated anymore. Don't let some stupid ho steal your money with a 'no-fault' divorce.[/citation]

By "No one" you're actually warning that YOU aren't committed? There are a few of us out there that still believe in Marriage as a lasting institution. Because, those who enter a marriage assuming it's not permanent, are surely more likely to end in divorce than a couple that go in expecting it to be permanent.

G

There's a big difference between using FaceBook and Cheating with someone on FaceBook.

Just because someone uses a social networking site does not mean that they are cheating.

But the problem here is that too many of them are stupid enough to think that they can actually get away with cheating online without any consequences.

plbyrd

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
And the number one reason for divorce is still inattentive spouses who take their spouse for granted and foster an environment where the lonely spouse finally has had enough and searches for attention elsewhere. Facebook is simply an extremely easy medium to find that attention.

socrates047

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
facebooked, no such things as halfway crooks
scared to death or scared to look
if u wanna live the life of diamonds and guns
numerous ways to earn funds
some get shot, others turn nuns
cowardly hearts become shooked ones
u aint a crook son
u just a shooked one

G

jerreece: " There are a few of us out there that still believe in Marriage as a lasting institution. Because, those who enter a marriage assuming it's not permanent, are surely more likely to end in divorce than a couple that go in expecting it to be permanent."

Here here!! Or there are simply those of us out there who entered into a marriage for the long term, and are happily married but that understand full well that online "romances" can/do/will happen.

Some of us are quite happy enjoying the after effects or sharing in the cybering with their spouses. You'd be surprised how much you can lean about yourself and your spouse when you can experiment online with idea's you'd possibly never actually do offline.

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004
I knew there was a reason that I was avoiding the social networking sites. And here I thought it was because I am an old fart and I was still waiting to see if this whole internet thing was just a temporary fad.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
SOOOOO funny seeing people criticize the obvious... but the real thing is everybody is out there for it's own self...

The reason why no young couples are able to stick together for long. Sincerely, I don't believe in this vision of the unique couple. If you stay too long with the same person, your love is starting to become hatred.

G

I avoid social networking sites such as FaceBook, Twitter and other such sites as if they were the Plague.

It's bad enough that I'm uncomfortable with such sites, but even worse that such sites are a stew pot for infections such as worms and other unwanted parasitic Malware cause phishing attacks and security exploits which are constantly targeting those sites.

Been married for 14 years now and if we can get through the next few years, our marriage will be for life. The most stressful part of a marriage is raising young girls as they'll make you wonder what you ever did to deserve this kind of punishment. But it isn't the time between you and your daughters that is stressful, it's when the daughters and their mother is home that it becomes stressful as they raise their voices at each other.

cyber_jockey

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
I go on face book every second week when I have free time and yet theres still old friends searching my a$$ down and sending me invites that ends up in my email inbox . This website don't even require interact action just stick a photo of yourself and wait for the whores.

Status
Not open for further replies.