10 Apple Watch Fixes Apple Should Make Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
And all of that while you have a 700$ iPhone in your pocket that does all that even better and you could just buy a regular watch that always shows the time clearly without the need of a low power state ....

It amazes me how useless a device like this can be and yet people are still going crazy about it ... WHY ?

ammaross

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
It amazes me how useless a device like this can be and yet people are still going crazy about it ... WHY ?

Because it has the potential to be really great. Unfortunately, Apple (and most [all?] other watch vendors) has failed so far.

Vlad Rose

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
What? No mention of battery life? This device isn't even practical as watch with only a 5 hour battery life on it (11 if you 'nurse' it). You'd think that'd be the #1 thing they'd fix.

It's funny how we've gotten to the point to where the primary use of a cell phone is not for calls anymore and a watch isn't primary used to tell time... lol

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
A watch that needs to be charged every day is a complete failure in my mind. Everything else after doesn't matter, but the price is over the top, too.

paladinnz

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
I love how at the beginning of this article they give three good points and say it's the best smartwatch yet... Then proceed to list ten things that need fixing and as previously mentioned skip things like abysmal battery life. Maybe they should change that first line to read "Apple's best smartwatch yet".

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
we all stopped wearing watches once we had mobile phones.......
....now you want to try tell me i need an overpriced watch......
I think you need to fix the root of the problem, stop trying to sell things people don't want and focus on something else entirely.

hairystuff

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Old mechanical watches still need a daily charge AKA winding up the problem with derpwatches are there's no on the go method for winding up.

Mike Malsed

Estimable
May 5, 2015
Old mechanical watches still need a daily charge AKA winding up the problem with derpwatches are there's no on the go method for winding up.

Strange, my mechanical watch never needs a daily charge. Ever. Most mechanical watches don't need daily charges or winding - a battery every 3-5 YEARS, sure, or the Citizen Eco-Drive, which never needs it. Others use a mechanical method for automatically winding the watch.

But hey, you can fanboy all you wants. LOL

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
Thanks for the comments. We gave the Apple Watch 3.5 stars and not 4 because of some of the early issues I think they need to work out. But that doesn't change the fact that it's the best smartwatch so far. I think a lot of folks are going to sit out the first gen, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple make a lot of headway over the next several months.
And all of that while you have a 700$ iPhone in your pocket that does all that even better and you could just buy a regular watch that always shows the time clearly without the need of a low power state ....

hairystuff

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009

The last mechanical non-automatic watch I had experience with was probably 40+ years old and belonged to my father, I remember it needed winding every 2 days but it was wound every day so it wouldn't stop, as for me I have a Casio solar/radio g-shock (GW-1200BU) from 2004 and its never needed servicing or batteries, it's been in the sea, swimming pools, cold/hot but never caused me any problems, I'm pretty sure the iwatch would crap out on me within 6 months of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.