10 Cloud Backup Services to Try

Status
Not open for further replies.

zubikov

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Speaking from personal experience, JustCloud is very shady.

I tried to cancel their service after 3 months of use. There's no link to cancel anywhere on their site! I emailed support, they gave me the runaround and 7 automated emails that asked why I was canceling. I was pulling my hair out just to cancel the f'ing account.

Despite these issues, the actual backup process was fairly straightforward and it even accommodates files as large as 3GB. But I just can't trust a site that gives you such a hard time canceling.

Also, the free trial really gives you very little space, so it's basically good enough if you want to see how the backup process works.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
One thing to consider is where this data is being stored. If its customer data does it comply with your countries data protection laws?

G

I used Carbonite, with DSL, When I needed ro restore, it said it would take a month. NOT!

leyonchung

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
You didn't include Backblaze in your list. However, the company is well known in this particular domain. Check out some of the big hits in the niche of services to keep your precious data on the roll and to the safest network, i.e: CLOUD!

Status
Not open for further replies.