11 best Prime member benefits to get the most out of your subscription

Oct 26, 2021
I'm on the verge of canceling myself. Free shipping is the only feature I want or use.
I don't even browse the video as everything good is an additional cost or subscription. It is too frustrating.
I would never subscribe to channels as I want to share hulu etc with my family, not share my whole amazon acct.
My kids have B&N nooks as the library uses epub. Youtube music is much better and cheaper, $15 for 6 accounts with the family plan.

Even the prime shipping comes at a cost of smaller selection and often inflated prices. Never mind there dreadful searching,
I've tried +,- , single and double quote. Doesn't matter they disregard your query. Aliexpress is a better store TBH, even with the lead times and smaller selection.

louis_ramirez

Deals Editor
Herald
Jan 11, 2019
Don't forget Prime Wardrobe. It's great, especially these days, to get to try on a bunch of stuff in the privacy of my home. I send back what I don't want and only get charged when I keep what I want.

Not all of the Prime benefits are included with the paid membership for everyone though. I live in Iowa, nowhere near a Trader Joe's so that doesn't work for me, neither does Prime Fresh. Prime Video is great though. I considered swapping my Prime out for Walmart Plus but run into the same problem with grocery delivery - not close enough to a location for delivery of perishables. I do find that Prime is worth it for someone like myself. I don't drive and I live in a tiny town that is too far from anything for a lot of shopping needs - yet close enough to a Kohl's for the no-hassle returns.

Another reason I like Amazon is the customer service. It's pretty much the old-fashioned "customer is always right". There have only been a couple of times where I feel I got a bad product that I couldn't return or be reimbursed for. Now that the price has gone up - after years of membership - I find that I am eligible for a discount membership price because of SSI.
Yes, Prime Wardrobe is another unique perk. Haven't personally tried it, but I've purchased some apparel at Amazon and should give it a try. Looks like they rebranded it from Prime Wardrobe to "Prime Try Before You Buy." Agree about the customer support. I've only had good/positive experiences with customer support when I've had to reach out to them.

Reactions: TMC2022

louis_ramirez

Deals Editor
Herald
Jan 11, 2019
I'm on the verge of canceling myself. Free shipping is the only feature I want or use.
I don't even browse the video as everything good is an additional cost or subscription. It is too frustrating.
I would never subscribe to channels as I want to share hulu etc with my family, not share my whole amazon acct.
My kids have B&N nooks as the library uses epub. Youtube music is much better and cheaper, $15 for 6 accounts with the family plan.

Even the prime shipping comes at a cost of smaller selection and often inflated prices. Never mind there dreadful searching,
I've tried +,- , single and double quote. Doesn't matter they disregard your query. Aliexpress is a better store TBH, even with the lead times and smaller selection.
Shipping is without a doubt the biggest benefit I personally use. Some of the discounts at Whole Foods are also pretty good (if you live near a location).