13% of Christmas Day Online Sales Conducted via iPhone, iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
50% of my Christmas shopping was conducted via Windows 7 Desktop PC. The other 50% was conducted via driving to the store, fighting for parking, fighting the lines and gettin' the hell out of the stores as fast as I could. I'll be planning ahead next time and doing my shopping online 100% and asking for gift wrap options.

G

soldier37 -- the troll. I've used Apple products plenty and cannot stand them as I actually have a brain and can find equal or better products for less than what Apple asks for.

I'm bored so heres a small rant on the subject:
The Macbook Pro cost $1800 and all you get is 4GB RAM, i7-2720QM, 15 inch 1440x900 screen, Radeon HD 6770M, and Mac OS Lion with the stupid backwards scrolling (scoll up = scroll down). After all these years of having scroll moving the same direction on all OSs, Apple decides to change it.

iPhone 4, hate the one button thing. Developed apps for it (which is why I have a mac book pro since Apple locks you to Apple products even for development) and I hate Apples app store approval process.

Also, I laugh at Mac users. I remember once seeing a couple of college student working on a project and they needed Windows for some reason (I'm guessing their Macs couldn't do something they wanted. *gasp*). They installed Windows via boot camp and once they started using windows, they constantly complained about how complicated it was.

malicemizer

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Lol all the people who hate apple always have some stupid story about people who like apple. Is it really that important to you to try and put someone or something down because you don't like something. Grow up people.

The-Darkening

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
Lol all the people who hate apple haters then... I can love or hate whatever the damn I please. I'm sure you can only hate whatever Apple let's you :rolleyes:

malicemizer

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Lol all the people who hate apple haters then... I can love or hate whatever the damn I please. I'm sure you can only hate whatever Apple let's you

No one said you could or couldnt do anything. Control issues much? Nice logical conclusion on the last part. Next time you might want to use more than 2 brain cells when coming to a conclusion via stereotyping people on meaningless things such as brand preference.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
But, but, but, but....Android devices greatly outnumber the iPhone and iPad. How come they can only account for less than 1/2 of the number of sales of iOS devices?

Oh yeah, because you can't shop online on a cheap "feature phone" that happens to run Android.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]WaitingForME3[/nom]soldier37 -- the troll. I've used Apple products plenty and cannot stand them as I actually have a brain and can find equal or better products for less than what Apple asks for. I'm bored so heres a small rant on the subject:The Macbook Pro cost $1800 and all you get is 4GB RAM, i7-2720QM, 15 inch 1440x900 screen, Radeon HD 6770M, and Mac OS Lion with the stupid backwards scrolling (scoll up = scroll down). After all these years of having scroll moving the same direction on all OSs, Apple decides to change it.iPhone 4, hate the one button thing. Developed apps for it (which is why I have a mac book pro since Apple locks you to Apple products even for development) and I hate Apples app store approval process.Also, I laugh at Mac users. I remember once seeing a couple of college student working on a project and they needed Windows for some reason (I'm guessing their Macs couldn't do something they wanted. *gasp*). They installed Windows via boot camp and once they started using windows, they constantly complained about how complicated it was.[/citation]

If the Macbook Pro is so overpriced, you're pretty dumb for buying it, especially given the Macbook Air represents just about the best value you can get for such a lightweight ultra portable. I actually think the Pro is overpriced too - hence I didn't buy it. You see, logic? Needing OS X to develop on is no excuse given the various other (and cheaper) options.

As for the approval process, I develop too, and it's fine. I accept that for an app store to offer their users some kind of standards and security, there has to be an approval process. Amazing how the millions of other developers managed it too.

I use Windows 7 on my Macbook Air because I don't like OS X - but the majority of people I know who use Apple PC's also use Windows or have used Windows, so your example is a silly little one-off anecdote.

Hating the one button thing? Please. The device which defined how user interfaces should be created, using a touch screen which actually properly responded, unlike the Android phones of the time - why do you need additional buttons? Get a clue plz :)

G

Nah, I bought a cheap second hand one so none of that money went directly into Apple's hands. I just pitty the ones who do. Considering I bought it so that I can use it to make money, it makes perfect sense. I develop on both Android and iOS and I find Android much more pleasant to develop for. The BACK and MENU key frees up more screen space for app content whereas in iOS you'd have to always display it in the UI. And about the approval process, I should have mentioned I was talking about updating. Have an update for your app? Well then you'll have to resubmit and wait for approval. Pretty annoying if you want to release a quick fix. Also, Apple has strange and inconsistent standards when they like to approve th

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
I disliked Apple Macs ever since I tried to use one in a store, the whole single mouse button got on my tits, it's like a PC for dummies. I'd buy a PC any day over a MAC, simply because I can use windows7 for gaming and most other everyday tasks & run Linux on my PC based file server for reliability and security. I'm not tied down to Apple specific only apps or a limited supply of games to play.

The-Darkening

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
[citation][nom]Malicemizer[/nom]No one said you could or couldnt do anything. Control issues much? Nice logical conclusion on the last part. Next time you might want to use more than 2 brain cells when coming to a conclusion via stereotyping people on meaningless things such as brand preference.[/citation]

I already use more than 2 brain cells. It just happens that you can't count to 2 with your only one, you can only buy apple products and whine about haters on a tech site.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
[citation][nom]The-Darkening[/nom]In other news, 87 % of christmas day online sales weren't conducted via an iDiot device.[/citation]
Ding!

Status
Not open for further replies.