13 or 14 inch gaming laptop on a budget

mathew_mashkov

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
Hey guys,
I am currently looking to buy a new laptop. Right now I am using a very old dell latitude which is starting to die. I really like the razer blade lineup but that is way out of my budget. What i really want in a laptop is:
-13 or 14 inch screen size (I dont really like big laptops)
-around 900 dollars, 1000 if it is really good (really really good)
-good real-world performance and an ssd.
I've been searching for quite a while, but i didnt really find anything that suits me. The Dell inspiron 7567 is quite good but it is 15.6 inch and a used razer blade 870m is not the best performer for the money. A razer blade stealth fits my budget, but the performance is just horrible for a 1000 dollar laptop. Please help me out and leave your suggestions.

Seaweed Monster

Estimable
Jun 7, 2014
Finding a 13/14 laptop that is good for gaming is pretty hard and requires a bigger budget.

+ Majority of the 13/14inch laptops ; even on the higher end prices, come with Intel u processors and 940M which are good for office, web browsing and a couple of games here and there, but not enough for solid FPS at good setting in more intensive games. You have to spend around $1,200+ for something good. For example, (https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GS43VR-Phantom-Pro-006-i7-6700HQ/dp/B01IO9Y30G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487176093&sr=8-1&keywords=14+inch+gaming+laptop)

+ 15.6 inch laptops, yes they're slightly bigger. However, you will see a better hardware for money ratio and they're usually pretty light; around 2KG.

You will have consider whether form factor or performance means more to you.

I will keep looking in the mean time; if anything good pops up.

Regards,
SM.

Can you let me know what websites you use to buy laptops from?

mathew_mashkov

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016

Well I'm in Bulgaria so I'm kinda screwed with online shopping, but i mainly look on Amazon, Manufacturers' shops and local Bulgarian websites. Newegg is also a choice.