14" and Under Gaming Laptop

schwinn89

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Hey guys and gals! I'm new to the forum and have heard great things about this community so I thought I would ask a few questions.

I am looking to get a new laptop for gaming purposes only in the very near future. Have about $1000-$1500 budget. My main concern is that it has a good GPU and is no larger than 14" if possible.

I will be mainly playing games such as GW2, Minecraft, LoL, Starcraft, etc. so I would like to try and "future proof" the computer as much as possible, although I know that is almost impossible in the computer industry.

A few questions that I have though:

- Are there 14" and under laptops that support more than an Nvidia 650, such as a GTX 660 or better GPU?

- What are the setbacks for a 14" and under laptop in regards to the screen resolution/technology? I have read that an IPS display was not very good (which I have mainly seen on this size laptop) but I do not know why. I have also read that for gaming purposes 1080p is the best resolution to play, but does it really make that much difference on a smaller screen size?

Thanks in advance!!

k1114

Distinguished
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=12F0696583E04D86B9B79B0FEC01C087&current-category-id=6716C35E262487E9B548B6298FE58D3B I don't know of any other one. You aren't going to find much better because smaller size means less cooling capability which means it won't handle high end components. Most laptops including 14" are tn, not ips. There isn't any limitations on screen resolution vs screen size to worry about. 1080p is not the best screen res. The biggest you can get is the best but 1080p is the sweet spot before price spikes up with a higher res. If it makes a difference is subjective but I'd say at 14" 1366x768 is fine. Is there a reason why 14" is the limit? Most well equipped laptops are 15.6"