16GB HP TouchPads Selling for Up to $325 on eBay

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soulfringe

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
I see a lot of people calling the people who are selling them at double the price or more, Idiots.

If they are actually succeeding in selling them at those rates, and I am sure they are, how are they idiots? It's a basic principle of economics. Supply and Demand. At $100 a pop, the demand was far to overwhelming, and those who bought many, knew this would happen and have capitalized off of it. People who buy them for $200 are still getting a tablet at a great price, they are happy, mean while he who "ripped them off" is getting a good profit and he is happy.

The guy who bought it for $200 likely knows that they were $100, but he can't find anymore of them anywhere else, so he is still much happier to pay $200 for one, than the poor smug who paid $400-500 prior to last week.

I could just be biased and not give nearly as much a damn as I managed to order 2 of them. One for myself, and one for my dad who has been obsessing the last 3 months over wanting to save up to buy a tablet.

Anyways, I am going to go bitch at my local pizzeria for selling me a pizza for $15 when it only costs them about $3 to make it. Capitalist pigs!!

dave_in_cincy

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I've been checking HP's shopping cart since this began. Today's status on the 32GB TouchPad shows as:

Coming soon
Please check back soon

Could have sworn it used to say:

Out of Stock
Please check back soon

If so, perhaps a major retailer is returning unsold stock to HP and there may be a small window of opportunity to snag one of these at the original fire sale price???

I noticed the devices disappeared completely from most Retailers' web sites yesterday.

Stay tuned.

candrwhite

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]soulfringe[/nom]I see a lot of people calling the people who are selling them at double the price or more, Idiots. If they are actually succeeding in selling them at those rates, and I am sure they are, how are they idiots? [/citation]

They're not... but the people actually paying that much for them are.

keczapifrytki

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
Soulfringe, if these ebayers bought the $99 tablet to resell it later for $200+ they are idiots. There are people like me who wanted to get one at $99 for my wife but now I can't because all these schmucks bought out the entire stock.

G

Call me evil but those that purchased a few thinking they will sell it for quick profit, should burn in Hell!!!!! Its these ppl that genuine buyer cannot get hold of even 1 touchpads. Hope they get into trouble paying the credit card bill. I would never buy it on CL or ebay from these unscrupulous sob.

dave_in_cincy

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
2011-08-25

Back to simply:

Out of Stock (without the "Please check back soon")

...on HP's shopping site now. Oh well, time to move on...

Status
Not open for further replies.