20 Media Apps for Android Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Actually you all missed Dice Player which is > MX player and all the players mentioned in this article. At least in the subtitle area. Most DVDs use vobsub (subtitle is another video track) and Handbrake will convert to MKV with VOBSUB. I have tried all of the players mentioned (mobo, mVideo, vPlayer, MX, and Dice) and Dice was the only one to support this.

in_the_loop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
You forgot to mention that Amazon MP3 doesn't work in most of Europe (only in Germany, France and the UK).
Amazon cloud isn't allowed here and the app doesn't show up in google play either.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]Actually you all missed Dice Player which is > MX player and all the players mentioned in this article. At least in the subtitle area. Most DVDs use vobsub (subtitle is another video track) and Handbrake will convert to MKV with VOBSUB. I have tried all of the players mentioned (mobo, mVideo, vPlayer, MX, and Dice) and Dice was the only one to support this.[/citation]

actually I have mx Player instead of Dice Player...

mx handled 1080p mkv with multiple audio and subtitle tracks while Dice crapped out...

this was on Asus Transformer Infinity tablet...

nibir2011

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]actually I have mx Player instead of Dice Player...mx handled 1080p mkv with multiple audio and subtitle tracks while Dice crapped out...this was on Asus Transformer Infinity tablet...[/citation]

+1

Mx Player is a very smart and capable player. Most importantly it's smoothness is awesome. Never lags not atleast in my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.