3 of 5 speakers work.. Help

Darsait

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
I have a Samsung home theater and all my speakers are connected yet only 3 which are 2 stereo speakers and 1 is the bass work.. Ive tried everything on my tv which doesn't have any option to choose from 2.1 to 5.1 and my home theater is connected through the av ports as i dont have hdmi on it.. Any help pls tell... And i also have an optical port if u think it works tell me

Solution
The TV can only output a 2 channel signal from the analog audio output. If your HTS has a surround mode to synthesize surround such as Dolby ProLogic select that.
The TV optical output may support surround sound. Check the TV menu to see if it does. You may have to turn it on and turn the TV speakers off to get it to work.
The optical connection will usually be superior in sound quality as well.
The TV can only output a 2 channel signal from the analog audio output. If your HTS has a surround mode to synthesize surround such as Dolby ProLogic select that.
The TV optical output may support surround sound. Check the TV menu to see if it does. You may have to turn it on and turn the TV speakers off to get it to work.
The optical connection will usually be superior in sound quality as well.

Solution