3 Reasons to Be Excited for Nintendo Switch (and 4 Reasons Not to)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjas68

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
so nintendos latest rip off is the deal theyyve made with sandisk..... sandisk are labelling micro sd cards with the nintebdo brand.... and the 64gb one is $100....the 128gb one is $200...this is for the EXACT SAME SANDISK card you can go buy retail for less than half that.
Now nintendo have a track record of ripping people off but this is outrageous!!
of course you really need a 128gb card minimum to get games on as the measly 32gb internal storage is used up with one game install.... in fact some games are too large to install on it.
meantime a 2tb external hdd for an xbox one x.... $60-$70....even cheaper if, like me, you use a dock.
so if you want a nintendo sandisk 128gb card, a switch, and the controller for tv use as opposed to the joycons....
it costs $570
thats with no games
meantime the xbox one x is $499
nintendo should be ashamed of themselves

rjas68

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
btw.... id like to add.... if you have xb360 games lying around chances are some will work on xbox one..... youll have something to play whilst you save for games.... theres also browsing, netflix, slingtv, amazon, hulu. etc.
gwt a switch without a game.... theres.... nothing

indariel

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
@rjas68: You don't have to use the Nintendo-branded ones, just skim the internet and get a decent sd-card when it is on sale. More space on the switch would have made it cost probably 100$ more and this way you can get a decent sd card on sale down the line (they just get cheaper over time). I for one can live with this solution and think it is well that they didn't pull the same thing that Sony did with its Vita memory disks. Further game sizes spiraling out of control is not Nintendo specific and their first-party games like the new Mario go around with roughly (6-7 GB).

samer.forums

Prominent
BANNED
Sep 30, 2017
look at the nintendo switch as a portable gaming machine you will love it and will be the best in the world.

look at it as a desktop console you will feel its a weak console.

so Just treat it as a portable machine that can be hooked to TV and you will know what an Amazing machine you have !

mb144n

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018

If you think it's a ripoff then don't buy it. Problem solved.

paulgeefs

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
RJAS68, maybe you should check the real money value before commenting.
First off al you can get way cheaper SD cards, but where are going to check the core storage.
Xbox one X has 1 TB of space where the Switch has 32gb of internal space.
Gears of war 4 takes 103GB where mario Odessey takes 5,7 GB.
Gears of war 4 for the completionist takes 16 hours, Mario odessey takes 87 hours.
Xbox one X = 499, Switch = 299
Xbox one X can hold roughly 10 games, where the switch can only hold 6
1TB external storage around 50 dollars, 32GB sd card around 15 dollars.
Xbox one X comes with 1 controllers, Switch comes with 2 ( wether you like it or not)
Xbox one X online services 20 dollars a moth, Switch online service 3 dollars a month when it goos live

So taking this in account can you again explain how Nintendo is the one ripping you off?

ProGuy1

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
PAULGEEFS 1tb of storage can hold more than 10 games mine is holding about 25 with 280gb of storage still left not every game is 100gb some are 70gb some are 20gb
If we are going by price per storage xbox takes it away but the sd cards are faster in comparison
Yes local multiplayer can be achived easier with the switch as you get two joycons out of the box
If you pay 20$ a month for online services you are stupid its 10$ a month if you want to pay monthly or 60$ a year on xbox(still a scumy business practice but ok) and on switch its 4$ a month or 20$ a year so check your facts
xbox one x beats the switch by raw preformance.

In the end both companys are ripping you of in one way or another Xbox is making you pay 400$ for a machine that cant beat a 400$ pc +making you pay for online,nintendo makes you pay for online but at least the console is portable so you can play it anywhere

sammiitomo

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

Oh because Sony and Microsoft has never done that. Sure. Especially Sony. Listen. These guys are there to make money. If people are stupid enough to buy into these, good the console maker. There are always also great 3rd-party alternatives to most of all that so ya know why don't you buy the sandisk instead of the one with nintendo's name on it? This is as simple as it gets. I'm always looking for a good / cheaper alternative most of everything I wanna buy. Better to study what you can get for cheaper and spread that instead of spreading blaming quotes the way you do. Not helping yourself my friend. You should.

sammiitomo

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

Exactly, I got a 128GB sandisk and I got about 45 games total, a mix of indies and updates installed from retail bought games, and it's just getting full now. People are complaining fort no reason about this. Again: the media is to blame. People should try things for themselves a little more instead of only trusting what their starving eyes are being internet-fed with.

Status
Not open for further replies.