Question 43' 4K TV vs 32' 4K Monitor?

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
Hey all. I like if anyone can give me input on this as I will have to order it by tonight because of cybermonday. I mentioned how i have two 24' l920 x l200 monitors that i use side by side with my dell xps l5 9550 laptop. I play online poker on it so thats why I need at least that resolution. And I read a 4k monitor or tv would allow for even more space to put more tables on it.

I wind it down to two options. My 2 options are

Samsung 43' 4k TV

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B08FBSZ2LX/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AVDBXBAVVSXLQ&psc=1

Samsung 32' 4k Monitor

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/produc...le_1?smid=AVDBXBAVVSXLQ&psc=1#customerReviews

Would i need to worry about other issues with a TV such as input lag, mouse movement and also sitting really close to the TV though? On the poker forums, most still recommend a monitor over a TV... because well a TV is suppose to be for TV use.

Right now I either am getting a 43' 4k tv... or a 32' 4k monitor... price is roughly the same. Now if i get a 43' 4k tv, i think i would only use the tv and not use my 24' monitor because i dont have enough space on my desk for it. Well I think i could put it all the way at the corner and it's back would be on the side wall since i don't have much space on desk. My desk is basically 4 feet wide total only. I put my current 2 monitors on it and my laptop etc.

Now if i get a 32' 4k monitor, well i would be also using one of my 24' monitors along side it.

Also I thought this. With using a 43' 4k tv... when i do things like web browsing and everything else... isn't it going to look weird though and not comfortable as oppose to a monitor? I feel like it wouldn't look as good as a monitor. Also would looking at the text be an issue? Obviously a monitor is meant for looking and reading text.

Do you get eye strain when using a big tv as a monitor? I also sit pretty close to my two 24' monitors. Im less than 2 feet from it. So with a 43' TV, I think i would be sitting at around 2.5 feet to at most 3 feet from it. So would using it be a bit awkward?

Right now im kinda leaning toward just getting a 32' 4k monitor and using it with one of my 24' 1920x1200 monitors. Do you agree/disagree with this?

I will say... if i could get two 32' 4k monitors and use them side by side, that would be probably the ideal situation. But I also don't want to spend that much money on it.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
Personally I would stick with monitors - especially if you are a gamer. But there is no right or wrong answer. I have computers hooked up to all of my large screen tvs since I am a cord cutter. There is a difference in quality. You also got to consider what your computer can handle because 4k will require extra computer resources.

as far as sitting too close. Yea, I think 2.5 feet is a bit too close for the larger tv screens. could mess with your eyes.

btw - ' means feet, and " is inches.

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
Personally I would stick with monitors - especially if you are a gamer. But there is no right or wrong answer. I have computers hooked up to all of my large screen tvs since I am a cord cutter. There is a difference in quality. You also got to consider what your computer can handle because 4k will require extra computer resources.

as far as sitting too close. Yea, I think 2.5 feet is a bit too close for the larger tv screens. could mess with your eyes.

btw - ' means feet, and " is inches.

My folding table is four feet wide and two feet long. Would that be enough for the TV though? Because seems like i probably wouldn't be that far from the screen.