4K and ATMOS Yamaha CX-A500

Andrewaw

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Sorry if this is obvious but I'm frustrated. Just purchased Yamaha CX-A5000 1.5 years ago, and have some atmos and 4 k questions.
Setup is:
JVC RS620 projector
Screen Innovations 160 inch 2.35:1 pure white screen
Yamaha CX-A. 5000 pre-amp -
Yamaha MX-A 5000 amp
Wired 11.3 with:
Paradigm studio 100s fronts
Paradigm cc 590 center
Paradigm ADP 590 Surrounds and rears
Paradigm SA 15-R -30 front and rear effects
Sun fire HRS-10 subs times 3

Roku 4
90% of what I watch is streamed from vudu through roku.
Question 1: Yamaha pre amp supports 11 channels ( plus subs) but not " ATMOS"... am I missing a ton of noticeable difference to justify replacing a almost new pre amp with the CX-A 5100 that supports Atmos?
Question 2: if I want to stream 4K/uhd content via roku, my pre-amp has hdmi 2.0 but NOT hdcp 2.2 which I understand prevents me from streaming 4K through the receiver? The projector does support hdcp 2.2, but that obviously doesn't help me with processing through receiver.... am I understanding this correctly? Again the 5100 per amp supports hdcp 2.2.....

Sorry.. if something is available I want it! :) just not wanting to replace a new pre amp unless it would make a huge difference ..
appreciate input!

Thanks
Andrew

Solution
Atmos (and other object based processes) provide for precise 3D location of sound. All the other speakers have to be at ear level and the Atmos speakers on the ceiling. The ones that go on top of the speakers and bounce the sound off the ceiling are not imo going to do a good job so it might not be convenient or possible to do. I don't think the effect is a major deal. The content on Vudu may not even contain Atmos.
I would suggest you wait before replacing the prepro. HDMI 2.1 is coming.
Atmos (and other object based processes) provide for precise 3D location of sound. All the other speakers have to be at ear level and the Atmos speakers on the ceiling. The ones that go on top of the speakers and bounce the sound off the ceiling are not imo going to do a good job so it might not be convenient or possible to do. I don't think the effect is a major deal. The content on Vudu may not even contain Atmos.
I would suggest you wait before replacing the prepro. HDMI 2.1 is coming.

Solution