5.1 Speakers problem

Dmaster

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
I bought new PC with 5.1 Logitech X-540 speakers.Everything is ok,and computer recognise all speakers, but when I am listening music or playing games there is no sound from two rear spekaers, can anyone help me?

strangestranger

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
well, unless your soundcard supports multi channel upmixing then there is no reason why you should here music which is stereo from anything other than 2 speakers.

also, unless you have the correct speaker setup selected in your games menu's you won't here audio from the rear ones either.

baiscally you will only here sound from the rear speakers if there is supposed to be sound coming from them.

tokyotech

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
Nope, strangeststranger, you are wrong!

I have the same speakers. All 5 speakers should be playing no matter what type of sound is played. Without matrix mode enabled, stereo music should have the left rear and left front play the same channel and right rear and right front play the same channel. Hitting the matrix mode button will balance the volume on all 5 speakers and changes the frequencies coming out of each one.

strangestranger

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
nope, that is not true, unless you have some sort of upmixing you should not have any sound apart from the amount of channels the source is in.

If you do have sound coming out, may i ask what soundcard you use as it is not working properly.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006

How is that possible? Matrix is a regular surround and not discreet surround so it can not have a balance output. It’s confusing to some people when you said balance the volume on all 5 speakers. The output of front and rear can handle the same power but not same sound level, ‘will not in the same volume if matrix is active. Only in quadraphonic mode that will have that ability. That is why in matrix mode sounds always quieter on the rear.

strangeststranger is right, the up-mixing drivers is already loaded on your computer that you do not even notice it.

nico3d

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003
i have the same problem!

I just bought the Logitech x-530 5.1 speakers system.

I installed the latest drivers for SoundMAX built in soundcard in Asus P5B
I have configured windows Vista 32 bits, for a 5.1 system.
I ran the test and they ALL work when testing.

BUT when playing games, music, dvd's, CD's, EVERYTHING, I only get sound out of only Front L and R + Subwoofer and not from center + rear L and R

and strangesstranger, that's not true. I used to have the creative 5.1 running on windows XP, no matter what i played, sound came from evreywhere.

could anybody help me here??? this seems to be a pretty common problem but haven't found a solution....

pls pls pls !

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006

phantom93

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
they removed a sound thingy in vista, idr what it is i think DirectSound or sumthing, it screws it all up. Idk a fix for soundmax unless u have realte kread my other post i nthis section