5 popular VPNs you should avoid

TGav8r

Estimable
Oct 10, 2020
Did you look at Proton VPN?

I had never used one, but wanted to get around a local block so I tried their free VPN service. Easy install, no setup and works great. From their website...

"As a Swiss VPN provider, we do not log user activity or share data with third parties."

Fox Tread3

Prominent
Jun 19, 2023
June 9, 2024 - Tunnel Bear was the first and only VPN I've ever used. I really liked their customer service, and sense of humor. I'm sorry that they haven't been able to get a better rating in Tom's testing. I stopped using Tunnel Bear when I couldn't watch programming in the U.K., (I live in the U.S.). When I approached the Tunnel Bear team about no longer being able to watch Brit domestic programming. They kindly advised that there were times where their users were blocked from viewing certain sites. At that point, I cancelled my account with them because their service basically was "not fit for purpose". I found a paid service that lets me view and record U.K. and other European websites legally. I no longer use a VPN because my work on the internet mostly doesn't require it. I'm sure that a lot of people would benefit from using a VPN though.

Jun 9, 2024
I have used CyberGhost for about two and a half years, and I love it. I live in Kenya and can access Netflix and YouTube TV from the U.S.

I have no problems with speed or buffering. I just renewed with them for another two years.

Fox Tread3

Prominent
Jun 19, 2023
I have used CyberGhost for about two and a half years, and I love it. I live in Kenya and can access Netflix and YouTube TV from the U.S.

I have no problems with speed or buffering. I just renewed with them for another two years.
June 9, 2024 - Greetings from the U.S. I'm happy for you that you have been able to escape the " artificial wall" that big business and some politicians have used to separate the people of the world. The "siloing" of people for business and political reasons works against the common good. It's always nice to hear from people from different parts of the world in forums like this one. Stay well.😊

TRENDING THREADS