5 Reasons Shoppers Are Skipping iPhone X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sintjago

Estimable
Jun 25, 2015
$600 dollar phone sold at a $1000 dollars. Just yesterday, I could have bought on Ebay a Samsung S8 with only a minor crack in the glass, fully functional, for $180. It was as really good deal but its not that difficult to find similar deals for less than $300. Why would someone pay $1000 for a device that doesn't do much more than another device that costs only a fraction of the cost. It will sell a lot better once it is heavily discounted. Early sales dont matter much because those are Appleheads or people that want a status symbol. Some of those even paid $1500 for the iPhone X on Ebay when it was sold out, but those are not enough people to sell as many units as they want to sell.

draw8962

Commendable
Sep 28, 2017
As we enter the age of overwhelming technologies & understanding their features Apple has lost this edge. Soon Apple will go the way of my favorite phone manufacturers BlackBerry.
Android on Apple handsets.

WhyKlef

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
I am no Apple fan, my last iPhone was the 4 and although I considered it, I now rock a Note 8 and very VERY happy with it. That being said, I established not being Apple's biggest fan BUT this article is somewhat misleading. Sure, you pull out facts but truth be told, you could simply state the last of the 5 arguments. Apple is essentially creating a foolproof, well known, that Apple used before, sale strategy.

Release an overpriced, overblown, not that impressive, super prestigious high-end new product to your existing product line to make the "one under" product sell considerably more.

This way, iPhone 8 and 8+ feel like a much better deals when in fact, they are not. But sure, should you wish to create some fairy dust article with no actual weight, that is Tom's Guide business, not I.

iPhone X is an NVidia Titan XP.

shadfurman

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
Apple still is the fastest phone on the market and it's well designed.

I think Apple has lost its way. In their resurgence in the late 90s, they were focused on giving customers what they didn't know they wanted.

Starting around 2010 they turned into a fashion design company, started removing features customers knew they wanted, price increased, quality didn't really decrease IMO, but for the price it was much more noticeable.

The comparison to the iMacs removal of the floppy isn't remotely comparable. The iMac was $300 and meant mostly for surfing the internet. I don't care about the headphone jack, but starting with the 2012(?) Mac pro they started removing functionality without a replacement. Only one usb port on a MacBook is fine if its $300, not if its $1800, they've been selling entirely off brand momentum for a few years now.

They don't need a new innovation, (which they do have, I've never seen wireless ear buds that small) Ives needs to get his head out off his ads, regardless of how great he thinks his shit smells, and give customers what they want, and figure out how to make that sexy.

The thing about iPhone products as a status symbol, you inherently don't sell as many, that's what's happening to iPhone. It's turning into an ugly overpriced handbag company, of electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS