5 Things Samsung Should Do for Galaxy Gear 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2013
Battery life would have to be at least a month for me to even consider buying it, I just can't imagine having to charge my watch when the watch I have right now has lasted about 7 years on the battery that was in it when I bought it and still has juice left.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I have enough of a daily charging the phone... my last phone was lasting 6 days... but it wasn't 'smart' . I would not bare charging a watch. That's just me. I don't even need a watch... I just check the phone.

G

i don't think that battery life is that big of a problem. we already went from charging our phones 1-2x per week to charging it every day, sometimes even more than once and since i don't expect people to wear their relatively clunky smartwatch in bed, it should be managable to put it on a cradle on the nightstand to charge.wireless charging would of course be favourable for such a device, but i don't think we will have to wait much longer for that to be implemented. then again, a charging station with open contacts where you don't have to fumble with cables should be ok too.it's just that the current solution with its enclosing design seems a bit awkward.as for the price, yes, i also think that 300 is asking a bit much. that's more than many people shell out for their smartphone and is just adding too much to the already high cost of the compatible smartphones.reducing the next iteration to 200 bucks shouldn't be a problem for a company like samsung and they'd probably be well advised to make it comaptible at least with all new devices, eg. the impending s5 mini, mega, etc.they could even make one without the camera and sell it for 150 bucks, but maybe that's a bit much to ask.regarding functionality, i don't think that people expect a smartwatch to be as full-fledged as their smartphone, but there should be the possibility to get widgets for your favorite apps on there, not just a handfull of samsung aproved stuff. i don't know the current situation, but some kind of sdk would be helpful with that.i think the biggest problem is that there aren't many people who really need a smartwatch and for the limited use they deliver, they are often just too expensive.

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
Battery life would have to be at least a month for me to even consider buying it, I just can't imagine having to charge my watch when the watch I have right now has lasted about 7 years on the battery that was in it when I bought it and still has juice left.
I could get by maybe once a week accepting that I'd still be somewhat of an early adopter. But you're right for the general masses, a month would be the minimum, and even then I think many would poopoo it.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
I agree - loose the camera. Why is every company so intent on stuffing cameras into devices that don't really call for them? I'd also love to see a tablet (a good one) with only the front facing camera, or even no camera, since I don't do video chats.

Zeatrix184

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
What they should do is cancel the product, get back to the drawing board and make something usefull. Or just wait until Apple releases their wearable and copy that too :)

joemehnert

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Totaly missed the mark. It needs another camera for skype calling. It also need a built in flash/ flashlight. Slightly smaller in size and curved. I own the current galaxy watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.