5 ways Windows 11 laptops beat MacBooks

Mar 13, 2023
You forgot the most important difference between a mac & a Windows laptop!
Windows lets you use multiple monitors at once that each have their own content & not just a duplicate screen!

Mar 15, 2023
You obvisouly don't know what are you talking about. MacOs can do that as well. 2 different screens on lower tiers like M1/M2 and 3 differents screens on M1(2)Pro/4 for Max 5 with Ultra.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023
While Macbooks are completely out of my price range, my dell laptop happily runs macos as do my two aging haswell PC's and my 10th gen i5 z490-p board.

As a long time Windows user all the way back to 3.1 and occasional Linux dabbler I could not be happy with my current setups.

Fake Mac in the garage powering my 3d printer, cnc and laser cutter, fake Mac running my home server, fake Mac on the road and fake Mac as our main house computer.

All this said, both my kids have windows on their PCs and laptops so I have no axe to grind.

The one thing I love about macos besides the global menu bar is the consistency of its UI. There are some things from Windows I miss such as dock thumbnails but extensions can be added for them.

If anyone wants to send me a real Mac to test and compare they are more than welcome.

Steve