5-year-old Allegedly Stabs Sister Over Nintendo DS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Seriously, Mario? Put a WaLuigi hat on that kid. WaLuigi, jeese, Wario was clever, WaLuigi is just sad.

It does seem insensitive to have a picture of a homicidal kid (obviously not the kid in question) attached to this article, but then again the whole story is a big F-U to the reader anyway. I mean, if the police suspect the mother did it, why even report the kid/DS stuff first. Just sensationalism to jump on the video games are evil bandwagon.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
Yes, let's make up witty lines for an article about a girl getting stabbed. The quality of the journalism at Tom's just keeps getting worse and worse. Don't you realize what you're typing when you're typing it? Do you proofread or ask another person who is not your friend to read it before you submit it?

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Where the hell does a 5 year old get a knife? When I was a child the knives were way out of reach for me to go grabbing them and running around.

And how does a kid go from playing a game where you THROW knives to taking a knife and physically stabbing it into her chest? If the kid was imitating what he "saw" on the video game he would have hurled the knife at the girl, which is what kids do.

Nothing about this story adds up. The only thing I can be sure about is that video games will take a bashing in the media as the usual scapegoat for domestic violence. Never poor parenting, always bad video games.

bone squat

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Get over yourselves nancies. The article is offensive? Go hug a tree and drink your river of tears. You bunch of ninnies. I can't stand weak politically correct hippy trash. The pic is awesome and so is a stabbing. Nothing is more awesome than little kids and babies getting stabbed. Punting babies is actually quite fun since you can hear them wailing through the air as their bunted into the side of a rusty warehouse or something, then land on a rusty nail and die. All kidding aside what a horrible mother.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]Bone Squat[/nom]*tasteless sentence* *tasteless sentence* *tasteless sentence* *tasteless sentence*... All kidding aside what a horrible mother.[/citation]

Well played, good sir.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Well honestly for the girl that is bad news. Moving along, again most of the responses on this thing bears true ignorance in itself and I hope most never have kids. Control IS NOT a factor with having a kid. AGAIN, is NOT a factor and leads to negative reinforcement along with bad behavior when your not there..jeez. TEACH.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
they are under estimating 5 year olds. they do have enough strength to stab thru as long as the knife is sharp enough.

G

I'm sorry, but in the light of the article itself, don't you think the title is rather misleading? How about "Single mother allegedly stabs 10yo daughter, tries to frame 5yo son." It's as if you people just put technology pop references as keywords in google and just copy/paste all the nonsense that comes up on the first page.

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Remember the good old days when a white woman would commit a crime and just blame a random black guy. Videogames seem to be the new black....guy.

kewl munky

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
I hate how authorities try to blame games. I 100% agree that a game can influence someone to do an act of violence. Guess what? So can books, movies, tv shows, and celebrities. Video games aren't the only bad influence. Your parents fighting can influence you to be violent. We don't need to stop violent video games, we just need parents who know what content their kid(s) can and cannot handle.

LightWeightX

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
TOM'S GUIDE IS FULL OF MALWARE, ALL COMPUTERS AND USERS BEWARE!!!

It has been reported that Tom's Guide has written many articles about a variety of subjects and some of those include malware. Many of their headlines are in fact trojans, acting like one thing but are full of another.

G

Very poor article. The whole article is the last 4 lines, the rest is fantasy, and more video game bashing hysteria when this has nothing to do with video games, and everything to do with a psycho mom.

G

If I was Nintendo, I probably wouldn't like to see my name in this particular headline. Yeah, I'd probably be like, hey WTF man? But I suppose it is subtle enough to slip through a potential law suite. :p

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
LightWeight X's comments are full of malware, ALL COMPUTERS AND USERS BEWARE!!!

It has been reported that LightWeight X has written many comments about a variety of subjects and some of those include malware. Many of his comments are in fact trojans, acting like one thing but are full of another.

We are doomed, DOOOOOOOMMMMEEEDDDD!!!!

my_name_is_earl

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Ever watch the movie "Halloween" (2007)? But I'm not surprise if the kid did it if he was overwhelm by the family's violent history but in this case he very young to have done it unless influence by say his "mother?" Society these day, we all go nuts one way or the other.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Either the kiddo was imitating what he's seen (violent behavior by parents, saw knives in games and didn't understand they can badly hurt people for real).... or, his mother did it, and was able to coach him into taking blame. Either way, its sad, and in both scenarios the mother is at fault.

As far as the videogames as a cause argument... well, in Mario Bros 2, you throw veggies. When I was 5, I saw that, and thought that throwing veggies at my sister would be fun. I wouldn't have thrown a knife, but only because my parents made a point to explain to my why certain things were dangerous. Pair a knife throwing power ranger game with a kid with no parental guidance, and he just might throw a knife at his sister.
-Children of a young age do NOT have a solid grasp of reality. And, they have no business playing videogames involving violence without proper parental guidance first.

That said... the mother did it!

ViPr

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
maybe the little boy stabbed his sister and then the shock made her faint and fall on the knife and drive it deeper into her, but then she was woken up by the noise of the DS as the little boy played Pokemon on it, and so she began screaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.