50% of BlackBerry Users Want Apple or Android

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

totheshed

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I have a Droid X and a BlackBerry. It's worth it to pay for both! I had a BlackBerry first and I couldn't get off it because they are so addicting. They are both awesome and I can't choose between one.

fivewall

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
I was a long time winmo user - switched to android a few months ago and I can't imagine turning back. The win7 phone os does not look very promising at all...

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
i can't wait for the day when cell phones are as customizable as PCs. put in a new graphics chip, dual boot phone 7 and android.... it is still a long way off :(

henryv2010

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
I was a no smart phone user and then I had a Blackberry. It was so useless the only I used out of it was the speaker phone. Then I finally decided to get an iPhone. Yes, an iPhone. It's the most awesome phone ever. I will never switch to anything else UNTIL the Apple store screws me over. They got this so called "Genuis" playing a game with my MacBook Pro. He wouldn't diagnose my MacBook Pro. So, if I get screw over by the Apple store again, I'm done with Steve Jobs products BECAUSE the Android phones are pretty awesome now. They weren't but they are NOW. I love the Evo's screen but I won't switch to Sprint. So for now, I'm an iPhone fan all the way.

damiano13mg

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
lets take into account that fones need to make clear calls. if smart phones still cant do that, and do it well then there is a problem.

-long live moto star-tac!

m-manla

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]I would prefer something other than the generic LG OS. Guess I am waiting to see if WP7 is decent. If not I guess its Android for me.[/citation]

Same for me.

spentshells

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
well as someone who has supported all of them....
these people only want these other devices until they get them
then of course they rush back to a more stable OS
with less fruity looking phones

hythos

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
I have had / used both an iPhone 3(non-GS) AND a Blackberry Storm 1 for a year and a half.

The iphone IS faster at web-browsing, but drops signals or has a weak signal much more often than the blackberry(Verizon) by about 5x; also, the iphone is too sensitive and will inadvertantly do things I don't mean to, like calling my boss at 1am from touching the screen.

The Blackberry Storm requiring effectively a double-click almost eliminates any chance of mis-dialing. While download speed is still a bit slower than the iphone/AT&T, it has gotten quite a bit better over the past 6 months. Replaceable batteries, swapable Micro-SD memory = no contest.

iphone: 6 / 10
iphone4: 7+ / 10 (has promise, but is still +2points heavy due to hype)
blackberry storm: 8-ish / 10
android: mEh, 8-hype / 10
htc: ~8 / 10 (TOO large)

hythos

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
** Note - Storm2 has a few drawbacks such as on-screen buttons that were independent on the Storm1; hopefully the storm3 returns that to previous.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Right now Android is the best OS for me, but I am still waiting to see and feel Nokia's Meego, RIM 6, and the all new Windows Phone 7.
Samsung's Bada looks good but I am not into Samsung with all my bad experience using Samsung phones.
I own currently a HTC Desire (and Nokia X6 in my drawer).

sevyr

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
I don't think the BlackBerry is a phone for business anymore - nowadays its the young generations in school who are buying the BlackBerry to spam texts. Sheesh! I see everyone in school with a BlackBerry, even the small kids.

On top of that, if i were a business man i wouldn't buy a BlackBerry - i don't want to be texted all day long when i'm at home whenever something minor happens...that would be so annoying - i wanna enjoy my time in front of the computer screen/TV screen, thank you. IMO at least.

What phone do i have? A cheap Samsung...i call ppl with it and that's it...no other uses for it...it's a phone. :( sigh...

To the Younger Generation: Plz don't get BlackBerry so soon - you'll srsly turn into texting zombies with no life. If your in the higher year groups, then go ahead - you have better decision skills - but just be sure that's rly the phone u would benefit from.

karma831

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
I've got an iPhone 3GS (not 4GS the bumper/left hand brick) and it works fine but I have thought about trying some other smart phone.

A lot of my friends have Blackberries and it seems to be very appealing for the messaging service and easy texting. I've mostly been looking into the Android though as it has the premise of providing a very flexible, upgradeable system. Also I don't know anybody that actually has an Android so it has a unique affinity to it for me.

For my next phone I'm leaning towards an Android but I'll also consider a Blackberry since so many of my friends have one. I definitely won't be getting the iPhone 4GS though.

sevyr

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
@karma i think if you rly like staying in touch with your friends BlackBerry would be a gd choice. Everyone in my year is getting it - it's so crazy.

But i wouldn't recommend switching for your iPhone. BlackBerry and iPhone are 2 unique phones and ur iphone still works. I would want to keep both.

If you actually want to swap it for something to try out a new smartphone i'd say the Android - it rly is an interesting phone, i always wanted one of my friends to get one so i can see how they feel about it.

But it's up to u man - it's your feelings that count not mine :)

G

I am a first time Blackberry user (and probably a last time!). very disappointed with the poor quality of their Touchscreen phone V2. Numerous over the air updates have solved many of the problems but it's still flawed. Surprised as I thought Blackberry were stable, business-friendly phones with solid support. This feels like a pre-release phone - makes Microsoft look stable and reliable (yes it's that's bad!)

G

I am a first time Blackberry user (and probably a last time!). very disappointed with the poor quality of their Touchscreen phone V2. Numerous over the air updates have solved many of the problems but it's still flawed. Surprised as I thought Blackberry were stable, business-friendly phones with solid support. This feels like a pre-release phone - makes Microsoft look stable and reliable (yes it's that's bad!)

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
I first got the storm when it came out.. Loved it and went to the verizon store to get the storm 2 when it came out but ended up getting the droid which also came at about the same time. Hated the droid sent it back 30 days later and got a imagio win mobile phone.. Though i like it alot better then the droid i really miss the storm so i went on craiglist and got a storm 2. Honestly the droid and iphone feal like little gimmicky toys. I dont really see the appeal after the first few days of this app is cool wares off. Only thing i miss about the none bb phones was google sky map which o well it was a nice toy. And the google navigater but o well no biggy there. I read somewhere they were putting the navigater out for other os's other then that i really saw nothing good about the other os's

I would say likely for the time being ill be sticking with BB until someone can make a real phone and not a hand held gaming console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS