58-inch GIANT iPhone Table: Big Enough For You?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

impulsefire911

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
oh look, apple will brand this in about 2 weeks and call it its "revolutionary" new itable starting at 3k.
same hardware, but hey, its a bigger screen...

Mike00

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
It looks pretty cool looking at this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbSwOgNzZg&feature=player_embedded

However 2 things disappoint me, 1) Way to similar to Microsoft Surface which is already old. 2) That it's only a display for your iPhone and if you damage your iPhone, it's just a table. I find it even more dumb, if only 1 person in the family has the iPhone and you have the table, people like to show off stuff they get, imagine, oh that table is so cool but you'll have to wait till the person who has the iPhone comes home so you can see it LOL.

gimpy1

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2008
Obvious fake. The pinout for the dock connector has a video out, but no multi-touch in. The dock connector provides a limited capability of some remote commands, but that's stuff like pause, play, skip, volume, etc. There is simply no way to get the touch commands into a standard phone, and that is a hardware limitation, not software.

G

sweet, some unknown manages to get hold of a 58" multi touch screen and jerry rigs it to interface with an iPhone without a base level OS running in the background, so right about now every major software and hardware vendor should be knocking on their door with a job offer..... for magician

Conner Macleod

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
What's with all the latest iPhone/iPad headlines? 7 out of 24 headlines on the front page are related to Apple products, wtf, isn't this supposed to be about PC hardware? You can't really buy parts and mod Apple products, at least not very much. Before it was just Wired and CNET that had numerous Apple articles but now Tom apparently has succumb as well. Is Apple paying Tom's Hardware to write/publish these news stories? I mean seriously, it's getting kind of ridiculous, it needs to go back to PC hardware only, there are plenty of other sites devoted to Apple fanboyism.

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]Can you morons understand it's made by someone else and not Apple? But hey, if it were a android there, it would have been the best thing since sliced bread. Idiots.[/citation]
MS did it and it was cool. This is just porting. It could just as well be Android, but people who have android do better things with tabletop computers. Like compute.

G

@gimpy1 Can be fake, no doubt... but... Remote Desktop! That is possible and was possible years ago.

G

@gimpy1 Can be fake, no doubt... but... Remote Desktop! That is possible and was possible years ago.

User69

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
Seriously Apple this, Apple that...why is it such a big news? I want to know about high end, bleeding edge, tech. I don't care if steve jobs shaved his beard today, or that one phone is going to change its color to white - WOW!!! 1 minute of my life wasted. I mean come on Tom's why don't you just blow Jobs and he'll cover your iphone in white and then you can sell it to some apple fanatic for $10,000.

thaile

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
fake, but cool. If you look closely you see he hit the power button with his pinky while pressing the app button, putting the iphone to sleep.

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
[citation][nom]adamboy64[/nom]It's a giant iphone screen, but not.. a giant table.I guess this would have some practical uses, can't think of that many however.[/citation]
Well, you can set your beer on it while you play games on your Droid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.