Question 7.1 Sound using Samsung One Connect 2019

Jun 13, 2019
Hey all,

Here’s the issue. I have a 2019 Samsung Frame QLED with the One Connect box. I also have a Marantz NR1710 receiver. I want to utilize 7.1, Atmos, etc. I also have a PS4 Pro as well as a cable box which are both capable of 7.1.

For ease of smart tv functionality I’d like to plug everything into the One Connect. That way I can use on screen menus to navigate.

The issue is the ARC connection back to the receiver is only capable of 5.1 (though I understand it’s Atmos capable). I’d like to have the ability to use 7.1.

Is my only solution one of two options?

1. Forgo the smart tv functionality and just go through the Marantz.

2. Buy an HDMI splitter (for each device) and strip off the audio to the Marantz and the video to the One Connect.

Your cable box isn't likely to support anything other than Dolby Digital so that can be left connected to the TV directly if you want that.
I doubt that splitting the HDMI output of the PS4 would work because it would detect the TV and not output Atmos to the Marantz. You would need a splitter that could spoof the EDID so the PS4 would send lossless audio to the Marantz. Much more costly.
I would connect the cable box and PS4 directly to the receiver. Connect the receiver to the TV HDMI-ARC input and set them both up for ARC. That will send audio from the TV apps to the receiver.
The 1710 has 7 amp channels so you should be able to do 5.1.2. To do 7.1.2 would require you to add an amplifier to drive Atmos speakers. I don't see any RCA outputs labeled height speakers so check the owners manual to see where you would connect an additional stereo amplifier if you can do that. Might not be able to.

Jul 9, 2019
um... optical? I have the same Samsung TV running 7.1 Dolby on a Yamaha receiver. I went from the TV to the amp with optical, and anything I run through the TV runs through the amp in 7.1 with one cable. I had my PS4 and notebook wired with separate optical cables and realized it was redundant.
Just use the remote that came with your amp.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 4
K Streaming Video & TVs 4
S Streaming Video & TVs 1